I had some dark chocolate & dried cranberries in the house. I also had some pecans. I wanted something special to have by my coffee. So, I came up with this.
Recipe: For about 25 pieces
208 gr. dark chocolate, broken into pieces/ I used Callebaut chocolate.
50 gr. dried cranberries
25 gr. pecan halves, broken into pieces
1. Take a cooking pot, not to large & fill the bottom with hot water. Bring to the boil.
2. Take a metallic bowl & put it on the cooking pot. The bowl has to fit the pot.
3. Place the chocolate pieces in this bowl & let it completely melt. The water mustn’t touch the bowl. This is called: au bain – marie.
4. Take a bowl & add the dried cranberries. Add the pecans.
5. When the chocolate is melted, turn off the heat. Take the metallic bowl from the cooking pot. Remove it with a cloth because otherwise you will burn yourself!
6. Add the melted chocolate to the fruit & nut mix.
7. Stir with a spoon.
8. Pour this stuf on a large sheet of baking paper.Spread it out with a palet knife to even layers.
9. Put this sheet in the deep freeze for about 5 to 8 minutes on -22 °.
10. After that time, take it out of the deep freeze. It will be hard now. Now, you can cut in almost square sizes.
11. Put them in colourful muffin cases & eat some with a cup of coffee. Or store them in the muffin cases in an air tight box in a cool place, but not the fridge!
You can find this recipe also here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Chocolate-squares-with-cranberries-pecans-A-tasty-/
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,310 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)