Today, I invented this lovely pumpkin mushroom smoked bacon Quiche! Ooh yes! Can I serve you a big slice?
I used home-grown Musque de Provence pumpkin in here & home-grown rosemary, fresh! Check it all out again:
I served it with a lovely mixed side salad & a simple home-made balsamic vinegar dressing! A lovely dinner! 🙂 MMM!
Read on how I made it:
Recipe: For 1 large Quiche
* For the oven roasted rosemary pumpkin:
550 gr of peeled pumpkin, treads & pits removed, cut up into bite-sized chunks/ home-grown
1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary, no stalks!/home-grown
10 grins of black pepper
10 grins of pink Himalayan salt in a grinder
1 + 1/2 tablespoon of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
* For the rest:
1 packet of 250 gr smoked bacon pieces ( Herta)
180 gr cleaned, white mushrooms, cut up into smaller pieces
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely chopped/home-grown
1 medium white onion, peeled & finely chopped
1 teaspoon of fresh finely chopped rosemary, no stalks!
a fruity oil
200 ml of soy cream
2 eggs, beaten
150 gr shredded Gruyère cheese
1 packet of puff-pastry with margarine (Herta)
* For the side salad & dressing:
a bunch of mixed young salad leaves
4 tablespoons of a fruity oil
1 tablespoon of an aged balsamic vinegar
pink salt in a grinder
- Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 400 F) for about 10 minutes. In a large non-stick roasting pan, place pumpkin chunks in 1 layer in it. Scatter 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary over it all. Season with 10 grins of black pepper & 10 grins of pink salt. Finally, drizzle your fruity oil over & mingle with clean hands. Place into the hot oven & roast until tender. This took me 25 minutes. Take out of the oven & close oven door, to keep oven hot.
- At the same time, take a large non-stick pan & heat up on high. When hot, add a few drizzles of that same oil & heat up. Add chopped garlic & onion. Fry for about 5 minutes & add chopped mushrooms & rosemary. Stir often & lower your heat if you need to. Now, add smoked bacon pieces & fry until cooked through & browned on all sides, stirring often. When ready, place fitted lid on.
- 15 minutes before you are going to use your pastry, take it out of the fridge & out of the package. Leave it to rest rolled out. Preheat your oven again for 5 minutes or so. Take your iron cast tin & oil it. Place baking paper in it, neatly. Now, with 2 hands, put your pastry on top of your baking paper & place it neatly into the bottom & sides of the tin. Do this with help of your hands & fingers. See that there are not any holes, otherwise close them with the pastry. Prick the base several times with a fork. Put mushroom-bacon mix on the bottom, evenly spread out. This will be the 1st layer.
- Now, put roasted cooled pumpkin pieces on top of it all,…this is your 2nd layer.
- In a bowl, crack 2 eggs. Beat loose with a fork. Pour soy cream in it. Whisk it all together. Add some seasoning. Mix with fork. Pour this cream-egg mix all over the pumpkin-veggie-bacon layers, all evenly divided. This will be your 3rd layer.
- Finally, top with the gated cheese, all evenly spread out on top. This will be your 4th layer. Place into the hot oven & bake for 30 minutes. The last 8 minutes, turn oven lower to 175°C. Take out of the oven & your house will smell amazing! Wait a few moments & carefully take the Quiche out of the tin with help of spatulas onto a big large fitted plate. Carefully remove the excess of paper on the sides & bottom. Slice into big wedges & serve with that side salad & dressing! To make the dressing, take a smaller bowl & add all ingredients for the dressing. I seasoned it with 5 grins of black pepper & 5 grins off pink salt. Whisk together with a small whisk & taste. Yum! Enjoy, my sweeties! xxx
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!