I had a lot of bags of frozen cranberries left in my freezer & I had to use them up to stock new bags in the near future. Cranberry season is very near, here in Belgium! 🙂
Over the few years, I have made a lot of cranberry recipes. So, if you also have a few bags left, you can make these easy to make & tasty cranberry recipes, using these cranberry bags, from Ocean Spray, from your freezer. Just click onto the titles or onto the pictures to go to the recipes! Always rinse the cranberries before use, remove the stalks & bad cranberries, even when they are frozen! I bag = 12 ounces = 340 gr = 3 cups.
1. Chicken with a cranberry, port & orange sauce, served with sugared braised endive (witlof ) with baked potato wedges! Yum! And with home-made cranberry, port & orange sauce! ( The sauce is Dairy-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten-Free too! )
2. Cranberry, pecan & orange muffins ( Are vegetarian )
3. Spiced cranberry & orange relish ( The relish is Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free too )
And now, a new cranberry recipes of mine: I hope you like it, too! 🙂 Enjoy, my lovely ones!
4. Frozen cranberry & cashew smoothies!
Recipe: For about 1400 ml, nearly 6 cups!
1 heaped cup frozen cranberries, cranberries rinsed under cold water, stalks & bad cranberries removed
2 cups mineral water
1 cup + 1/2 cup soy milk or your favourite plant-based milk ( but not rice milk = too thin! )
1 heaped cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours or for 1 night, in the fridge, rinsed & well-leaked
4 tablespoons organic agave syrup
2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
1. Take your Vitamix container & add in this order: cranberries, 3 tablespoons agave syrup to begin with, 1 heaped cup of soaked cashews, flaxseed, water & soy milk.
2. Add fitting lid & tamper too. Mix on high full power until it is completely smooth. Begin with 3 tablespoons of agave syrup. Push the tamper up & down, so that the foods go into the blades. Mix for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until it is completely smooth. Turn power off. Taste!
3. If it isn’t that sweet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons agave syrup extra. I added 4 tablespoons agave in total! But you must taste the cranberries & the cashews too! 🙂
4. Pour into serving glasses & enjoy instantly or place into the fridge to cool off a bit. Enjoy with a loved one !!
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other cranberry recipes on my blog: