Yesterday evening, I made this lovely combined dinner. You can make it totally gluten-free & vegan, if you serve this with tofu or a vegan schnitzel.
I used 2 types of cut away salad leaves & I also got a bit of the small baby red roach leaves. I also pulled out several types of radishes & the first 2 hands of fresh chervil. The fresh chervil, I used in a lovely vegan gluten-free fresh chervil pesto dressing, that I drizzled over the oven roasted new potatoes. I also drizzled a bit over the mixed salad leaves. I served it with a seitan cordon blue. A lovely divine dinner, straight from the garden!
This was the harvest of that day:
This was the second time, that I cut away salad leaves. This was also the second time, that we harvested radishes. We also harvested the first new chard. The old plant produced many new seeds & they grew:
Now, on with the delicious recipe:
For 2 persons
For the salad:
4 handfuls of fresh-cut away mixed salad leaves, cleaned, washed, spun dry
a few baby red roach leaves, cleaned, washed, spun dry
fresh mixed radishes, cleaned, cut up finely into rings
For the chervil pesto dressing:( you will get about 250 ml)
1 + 1/2 cup ( 60 gr) fresh chervil, cleaned, washed, spun dry / green parts + stalks used, cut up roughly
1/4 cup (40 gr) toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup (60 ml) of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
20 grins of finely milled black pepper
15 grins of finely milled pink salt
1 smaller clove of fresh garlic, peeled & cut up
For the potatoes:
1 kg of peeled small potatoes, each cut up into 2
15 grins of finely milled black pepper
15 grins of milled pink salt
2 tablespoons of that fruity extra virgin olive oil
For the rest: a fried seitan cordon blue (vegetarian)
- Preheat your oven for 10 minutes onto 200°C ( 400 F). I always use a fan oven.
- Place your cut up small new potatoes in 1 layer in a fitted non-stock oven roasting tin. Grind your black pepper & pink salt all over it. Finally , drizzle your olive oil over it. With clean hands, mingle everything together. Place into center of the preheated oven & roast for about 25 minutes on 200°C (400 F). When done & browned, test with a fork.
- In the meantime, make your yummy pesto. Take your beloved food processor & place S-blade in. Add chopped chervil, chopped garlic clove, olive oil & toasted pine nuts. Add 10 grins of black pepper & pink salt too. Place fitted lid on & pulse repeatedly or until your liking. I always want to see bits of my ingredients into my pesto dressing, like this:
4. Taste. I added 5 grin of black pepper & 5 grins of pink salt & blitzed the pesto again. Serve the pesto into a lovely serving dish with added spoon.
5. Serve, like picture above. that chervil pesto dressing is just divine, like that or drizzled over the new roasted potatoes. I also drizzled a bit over my mixed salad leaves & radishes! The seitan cordon blue is a perfect partner for the fresh chervil,…ooh yes! My husband gave me 10/10 for this lovely easy to make dinner! Enjoy, sweeties! I had a lot of pesto leftover & place it into the fridge for later use. xxx Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,485 email followers to get my new cool email newsletters! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other fresh chervil recipes: