I so love-making these cookies. You can’t use cookie cutters because the dough is too wet. But it is a lovely cookie with a bit harder outside & a denser inside with yummy cranberries, pecans & oats. I used half wholemeal spelt flour & half white organic flour. They also contain maple syrup. It is an adapted recipe from Recipezaar.
So, these are also a bit good for you,…
Recipe: For 23 larger cookies
60 gr of wholemeal spelt flour
60 gr of white organic flour
80 gr of dried, with apple sweetened cranberries ( I buy mine in my food health shop )
80 gr of peeled pecan halves
90 gr of raw, unrefined sugar
120 ml of maple syrup
1 organic egg, beaten
120 gr of lightly salted butter, soften
1 teaspoon of baking powder
100 gr of whole oats, medium size or gluten-free oats, medium-sized
1. Preheat the oven for 15 minutes on 180°C. ( 35o F )
2. Tip: With an oiled knife, cut up the cranberries & the pecans into little pieces. You can also break up the pecan halves. Because of the oil, the cranberries & pecans won’t stick to your knife.
3. In your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid, cream together the butter, egg, sugar & maple syrup.
4. In another bowl, add flour, baking powder & oats. Combine well.
5. Stir in the mix of flour, baking powder & oats.
6. Now, add the chopped up cranberries & pecans. Mix well.
7. This is a wet dough. Take your dough out & place it on a well floured Silpat or well floured baking sheet & dust your both hands well with flour. You are going to make smaller balls from the dough & flatten them a bit. Place them on a Silpat on a wire oven rack. Place in the oven, on a lower shelf. Bake for about 15 minutes. Watch them carefully!!! Don’t let them get too brown!! Let them sit on the Silpat for about 5 minutes. The cookies will still be a bit soft. Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely. Repeat with the rest of the dough. After cooling down completely, store in a cookies box.
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!