Yesterday, I made the best gf crumble, I have made in a long time! It was ooh so delicious & well-flavoured with hints of cinnamon & cardamom. I used a combo of gf flours, like coconut flour, millet flour, tapioca flour & I also used gf buckwheat flakes. This lovely feast you can devour as a filling breakfast, a dessert or as a brunch. It is festive too! You can savour this just like that, hot from the oven or cold. This is even tastier with home-made custard of bought Ambrosia Devon custard, heated up.
Give it a try, test it & you will see,…!!!!
Recipe: For 4 persons, each 1 large part
**For the topping aka crumble:
1 + 1/2 cup gluten-free medium buckwheat flakes
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom/ I used 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom seeds, which I grinned in my pestle & mortar
2 teaspoons of gf vanilla extract / I use home-made
1 teaspoon of gf baking powder
1/2 cup of solid coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup of agave syrup or honey / I used agave
** For the fruit filling:
2 x 2 + 1/4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries, cleaned & hulled / I used the best strawberries from Belgium, from Hoogstraten. They have almost every year, the 1st tasty strawberries of the season, here in Belgium.
1 cup+ 1/2 heaped cup of fresh rhubarb , washed, pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into about 1 cm pieces/ I used it from my father’s garden
3 tablespoons of tapioca flour
a few sprinkles of lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 190° C ( 375 F ) for about 10 minutes.
2. Start with your filling. Take a large baking dish , size 20 cm long , add the sliced strawberries & add the chopped rhubarb. Mix carefully with a spoon. Add 3 tablespoons of tapioca flour & mix with a spoon until the flour is all around the fruit pieces. Now, add the 4 tablespoons of coconut sugar. Carefully, mix it into the fruit mix. Add a few sprinkles of fresh lemon juice.
3. Make your topping. Take a large bowl & ad gf buckwheat flakes, tapioca flour, millet flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, cardamom & gf baking powder & mix well with a spoon. Now, in a medium cooking pot, add the solid coconut oil & let it melt on medium heat until completely dissolved. Add the agave syrup to the hot melted coconut oil. Mix well. Stir in the vanilla. Pour this hot liquid mix over the dry ingredients mix. Stir until well combined & resembles a crumbly texture.
See picture here:
4. Place & divide the crumble topping all over the fruit mix so that the fruit is completely covered by the topping. Place into the center of your preheated oven & put an oven plate covered with foil, under it, to catch up any drippings.
5. Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes until the fruit has cooked through & the crumble topping has browned. If the topping is getter more darker & to prevent burning, lower the temperature of your oven.
When you think, your crumble is ready, carefully remove it from the oven & test with a pin, to see if the fruit is ready & cooked through.
After 10 minutes out of the oven, you can serve up & eat it just like that or serve it with some good yoghurt, Greek yoghurt or some heated up Ambrosia Devon custard or your home-made dairy free custard. Enjoy!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!