Hello dear readers & friends,
After nearly 5 months of not blogging at all, I finally begin to blog again.
Life was getting in my way, I had too much to do & had a few great vacations to spend with my loved ones. Now, I have a few new recipes up my sleeve & am ready to blog again with much pleasure!!! I hope you all didn’t miss me too much! I don’t blog only gluten-free anymore because I can eat gluten again from time to time!
This is the most tasty crumble that I savoured in a while,…The hints of allspice & ginger powder with the rhubarb combine beautifully with the pear pieces. I also used unrefined coconut sugar in here so that it all caramelizes so wonderfully,…!!! It screams: EAT ME NOW!
Recipe: For 4 persons, with a bit of seconds
For the fruit mix:
420 gr fresh & cleaned rhubarb, some tougher peel removed, cut into 2,5 cm to 3 cm pieces ( 1 inch to 1,5 inch pieces )
380 gr ripe pears, peeled & hulled, cut into smaller chunks
4 cloves, pulverized into a powder, in a pestle & mortar
1 + ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
85 gr unrefined coconut blossom sugar
1 tablespoon of water
For the crumble topping:
100 gr cold, straight from the fridge, dairy free baking margarine/ I use Alpro soy baking margarine
100 gr flour / I use an organic flour
75 gr unrefined coconut blossom sugar
50 gr unsweetened grated coconut flakes
1. Take a medium pot & place all of your rhubarb pieces in 1 layer in it. Add the coconut sugar, the ginger powder & the pulverized cloves. Mix well with a spoon. Scent the aromas! Turn the heat on medium. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the pot. Simmer the rhubarb pieces for about 10 minutes until they have softened. Stir from time to time. When ready, turn the heat off & set aside. Place a fitting lid on the pot to keep warm.
2. Preheat the oven to 210 °C ( 185 °C if you are using a fan oven ) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven in my recipes.
3. Now, make the crumble topping. Take a large bowl & add the cold baking margarine. Add the flour, the coconut sugar & the coconut flakes. Using your fingers, mix it all together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stop mixing.
4. Take a deeper oven dish & add the pear pieces to the pot of the spiced stewed rhubarb. Mix carefully with a spoon so that you don’t break up the pear & rhubarb pieces. Spoon it all into the oven dish. Crumble your crumble topping all over the surface of your fruit. Dot it all over the fruit so that the fruit is covered with the crumble mix.
5. Place on an oven rack in the middle of your oven & bake for about 20 minutes until the crumble top is golden brown & the fruit has been cooked. In my case, the crumble was ready after 20 minutes of baking.
6. Carefully remove from the oven with oven gloves & place on the table to serve. Wait 5 minutes or so before eating it, just like that or with some good vanilla ice – cream. It all oozes deliciousness! The coconut sugar turns it into a sort of caramel sauce. Pure indulgence!!! Enjoy!!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,217 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too!🙂
You might like other crumbles on my blog: