About a month ago, I was looking every day at my mail. I was anticipating a Pay it Forward package from Lorraine, aka NQN, Not Quite Nigella who lives in Sydney, Australia!!
She has the most fabulous blog about food, reviews, restaurants, food festivals, photography & she loves travelling.
She send me a package trough air mail. It is the Pay it forward Package.
This means that the sender pays all about the food products, taxes, stamps etc. & send a package about food & non food to other bloggers in the world!
That is very generous from this person. It also means that the person who recieves a package also will become a sender. The person will have to send a package to 3 other persons, no geographical restrictions. So, if you are interested in recieving a package from me from Brussels, Belgium, let me know in your comment. You will have to do the same to 3 other persons. I will choose 3 persons. They will recieve a package from me in the next 365 days.
Isn’t it fun to be a foodblogger? I have made such good friends with all of you from all around the world!
This is what I recieved from Lorraine!!
I got lovely food, non food & real Australian spices.
Click on the words & you will get the explanation!
I got Aniseed myrtle, Dorrigo pepper, Lemon myrtle leafs, dark chocolate encoated Macadamia nuts, honey roasted macadamia nuts, 2 packages of silver balls, 2 litlle pudding molds, Maggie Beer ‘s apple & rosemary paste, Pariya Pashmak Persian fairy Floss, saffron taste.
I mostly loved the typical Austalian spices, the apple & rosemary paste because I love Maggie Beer & the Persian fairy floss! You can’t get it in Belgium!!
So, a big thank you , Lorraine!!
Now, 2 lovely recipes using Aniseed Myrtle.
Recipe: Aniseed Myrtle marinated feta
200 gr sheep’s feta, drained & pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into long slices of 1 cm thickness
1 tablespoon of Aniseed Myrtle powder
60 ml of a fruity olive oil
extra olive oil, about 60 ml to 120 ml to cover the feta slices
1. Heat the olive oil in a fitting cooking pot on medium heat until is it not too hot too touch.
2. Set aside. Add the tablespoon of the Aniseed Myrtle & mix well. Let the oil cool down.
3. When the oil is cool, pour the mix into a large bowl. Add the feta slices. Add enough olive oil to the pot so that the feta slices are covered with olive oil. Put the fitting lid on.
Shake the pot up & down so that the feta slices are covered into the aniseed olive oil mix.
4. Place into the fridge for at least 2 days.
5. After 2 days of marinating, the feta slices are ready to use. You can keep them in the fridge for a few weeks.
Recipe: Sandwich with aniseed myrtle marinated feta, grilled courgette slices & grilled aubergine slices.
Recipe: For 1 person
1/2 courgette, washed & cleaned, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler, seeds removed
1/2 aubergine, washed & cleaned, seeds removed, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler or a knife
about 50 gr of aniseed myrtle marinated feta
a bit of the aniseed myrtle infused olive oil from the marinade
1. Brush 1 half of the courgette & aubergine slices with a fruity olive oil.
2. Heat a large grill pan on high heat.
3. When the grill is sizzling hot, place the oiled courgette & aubergin slices on that side on the grill. Grill until don at one side. Now, turn them & brush the ungrilled side with the aniseed myrtle infused olive oil from the marinade. Grill until done & cooked trough.
Do the same with the rest of the slices.
4. Take your baguette & lay the pieces of the marinated feta on one side.
5. Top with grilled aubergine slices & top them with the grilled courgette slices.
The Aniseed myrtle doesn’t taste a lot of star anise. It is much milder & with a sweeter taste. Its taste is unique!
Now, a lovely dessert using The Pashmak Fairy Floss, saffron taste.
Fairy floss summer fruit dessert
Recipe: for 2 desserts
2 pieces of the Pashmak fairy Floss, saffron taste
1. Take 2 fancy see trough dessert glasses. Lay 10 raspberries side by side in the bottom of the glass.
2. Lay 5 black berries on top.
3. Lay a piece or 2 pieces of the fairy floss on top & serve!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,344 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)