First, I have some news:
Today, My blog reached 1000 Likes! Yes!! That’s great news hey?
Today, I made these stunning & tasty vegan smoothies! My husband Peter & I ate them for breakfast. Each one, ate or drank, 1 smoothy & it really filled us up! This smoothy isn’t too sweet. Check these out!
Recipe: I had 1000 ml of smoothy deliciousness!
1 large & very ripe banana, peeled & cut into 2
1/2 ripe avocado, big stone removed & flash spooned out
700 ml of soy milk
1 fat big ripe orange, peeled & pits removed, cut into wedges
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
1 teaspoon of flax-seed
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1. Take a Vitamix & add all ingredients in this order into your Vitamix-container. Place the fitting lid with the tamper in it & blend on full power until completely smooth. Push the tamper up& down, to push the ingredients into the blades. Stop machine & see if the mix isn’t too thick, otherwise add some more soy milk & mix again. Pour into serving glasses or plastic glasses. Enjoy instantly, with a loved one! Success guaranteed!
You might like other smoothies:
And now, for something completely different: Lately, I received 5 beautifully looking awards! I wanted to share them with you all!
A few months ago, I received this beautiful award , the Inspiring Blog Award twice, from 1/ Evalizious@Bitesofhappiness+ from 2/ Starr@ Misfit baker . Starr is a vegan cook & vegan baker. Her recipes are very doable, tasty & never fail me! Eva is also a vegan cook. Her recipes are also easy & fun! Thanks so much, my friends! I am so happy now!
The rules for the “Inspiring Blog Award”:
* Thank the person who nominated you.
* Tell 7 things about you that will not come up in your blog entries.
* Pass this on to 15 other bloggers that you find inspiring.
7 fun things to know about me!
1. I am an only child. I don’t really miss brother’s or sister’s because when I was a kid, i grew up with a lot of neighbour’s kids , my age. We played a lot & sometimes, did naughty things!
2. Since june 2006, I am a chronic pain patient. I have chronic pain in my right leg & in both my arms. I am in pain all day long, that’s why I don’t work anymore for the moment because it isn’t possible. Now, I do 7 hours/week voluntary work in a nearby Home & I am loving it. It is the most I can do & I enjoy it thoroughly! I hope I can learn to live more comfortably with it, in the future!!!
3. I love cooking & baking on some good music. I can cook on different kinds of music. I adore Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park but also can enjoy Angie Stone, Joss Stone, Mary J. Blige, Red Hot Chili Peppers , Jay-Z , John Legend & excellent jazz, all types,….and my favourite band of all time is Within Temptation, a Dutch metal Goth band! But I am not a goth, you know!!
4. My favourite colours are mild red & yellow!
5. I love baking all sort of different cookies. I have more than 120 cookie cutters. I bought 100 of them once in Salisbury, Uk in a cookery shop, when I was there on holiday. When I am visiting a food or cookery shop, I am always on the look-out for new cookie cutters that I don’t have yet. My favourites of this moment are: an elephant, captain hook with a wooden leg & no arm, a clown’s head & a knight on his horse!
6. I am always thinking about food & thinking what I will be making for supper or the day after & the day after that,…Sometimes, I drives my husband crazy! I am inspired by everything & everyone!
7. I inherited my cooking skills from my late paternal grandmother. I cooked & baked with her when I was little. She also had a large veggies & flower garden. I am a lot like her in different ways. She was my moemoe, my inspiration in all things in life.
I pass this lovely Blog Award to the following blogs:
1. Ina@Glutenfreedelightfullydelicious: She has been a great friend, for a very long time. She lives in Canada. Sigh! She lives Gluten-free & is loving it. Her recipes are very versatile & different what I used to cook up!
2. Rachel Cotterill@Blog.RachellCotterill. She lives in the UK & can cook really well. She also loves travelling & shows us a lot of her travel tips, travel pics & we learn something on the way too!
3. Erin@Balancedpeanut. She is going to teach yoga, is a real sport’s woman & her recipes are very healthy & doable too!
4. Madison@VeggieFul. She is a young vegan Australian cook & she knows her dishes! She is very creative & that’s why I love her blog. She is as creative as I am, inventing recipes from scratch!! She writes with enthusiasm & her fiancée designs the artwork.
5. Playful&Hungry@Playful&Hungry. She makes mostly very healthy but very playable foods. She is also every time, accompanied by her Lego men & Lego women! She plays with her food & her food presentation too! I love that!
The 3rd ,4th & 5th AWARD that I received, was from Veganmonologue, it was the Lovely Blog award! Yeah & also from VeggieV! And also from the Amber@Cook’s Sister! These women rock! Veganmonologue is a vegan woman that makes recipes that are yummy & fun! VeggieV is a vegetarian that makes passionate foods & dishes! Amber is an omnivore & a student too, that makes food dishes, on a modest food budget! She makes very appetizing dishes!! Thanks again, girls!!! xxx
The Rules of One Lovely Blog:
• Link back to the blogger who nominated you
• Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere
• Share 7 facts about yourself
• Nominate 5-15 other blogs you like for this award (last time it was 5, this time it’s 15… so do what you can.)
• Contact the bloggers that you have chosen
7 fun things about me!
1. When I was a child, I was more a boy then a girl. I had short brown cut hair & liked it!! I liked climbing in trees, played with playmobil & Lego, played hide & seek, etc.
2. I love history & learning about other cultures too. I love going to modern & authentic museums. I also love to go to art exhibitions & photography exhibitions.
3. I am 16 years together with my lovely husband Peter & we are 5 years happily married. We married for the law & had our dinner party & apéros in a 1 Michelin starred restaurant, called Arenberg, near Leuven, Belgium. It was the best wedding ever!
4. My husband & I lived in the center of Brussels, in an apartment for 10 years. I loved living there but a while ago, It became unsafe. There were young children of 13 to 14 year’s old who became thieves & scum. It became more unsafe & our neighbourhood became more filthy, unsafe & there were a lot of homeless people who drank way too much. You could get stolen, walking in our neighbourhood. So, now we live in Mechelen, at the edge of the city in our own house, garden & it is more of a quieter area & we have a large park on our doorstep. We don’t face criminality, it is safe to walk outside our door & at night too. We live in Mechelen, for about 1 year now & we both are loving it!
5. I love blogging! I blog since November 2008 & love it every day, every post! I met a lot of new friends, a few , I have met in person. I didn’t know how much fun writing is & was. I get super excited the last few years, because I think of combining foods in my head, every day, every minute,… hahahahahaha Sometimes, it makes my husband crazy.
6. The downside of blogging is that it requires a whole lot of hard work. You do need PR-ring a lot otherwise people don’t come to your blog & comment. Sometimes, I don’t feel like it. I love inventing new & crazy food combinations & will try them out. My husband Peter loves those new ideas because mostly, they are pretty tasty & well edible too!
7. I am afraid of horses. I know it is crazy but it is like that.
I nominate these following blogs:
1. Celia@Fig Jam& Lime cordial. She lives in Sydney, Australia & she is a very adventurous cook & baker. She even makes her own chocolates. She has just reached 1 million page views with her lovely blog. Go check her out!
2. Sarah@GazingIn. She is also very inventive with her wholesome foods. She also makes vegan dishes that inspire me a lot! Yummy dishes!
3. Koko@KokosKitchen. She is a true friend from the beginning of my blog. She is a young certified raw foods chef and loves sharing her healthy & sometimes not so healthy recipes and tips for living a vibrant life!
4. Bashar Al-Kuwaiti@2riversphotos. His pictures are always stunning & versatile too. he makes me laugh sometimes with his funny pictures. We travel from our couch with his pictures. Lovely!
5. The vagabond baker@thevagabondbaker. She lives a nomadic life with her man & she lives in a camper van. She can bake excellently, her pictures & her foods are always fabulously!
So, that was it, dear readers! I hope you enjoyed the ride & reading these lovely awards! See you all soon!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts