Today, I made these invented strawberry cashew cheeses spread! You know from my last post, that I made vegan rucola (arugula ) savoury cashew cheese spread & it was a huge success! Now, I wanted something sweet. If you fancy something more sweet on your daily bread & you want something that is vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free, you must check this easy peasy recipe out! It has only 3 ingredients!! Oh yes, baby!
Recipe: For about 3 cups, aka nearly 750 ml
1 cup of raw & unroasted cashews, soaked in water for 1 night, well-rinsed & well-drained / Now, they are softer, healthier & easier to digest
2 heaped cups of sliced strawberries
4 tablespoons of Maple syrup
1. Take your Vitamix & place your ingredients in this order into your Vitamix. If you don’t have a powerful blender, use a good mixer. Place the tamper into your fitting lid & press the power on, go from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & push onto higher power. Use the tamper & push all the ingredients into the blades & blend until it is to your liking. I blended it for about 1 minute. I checked the consistency & tasted it. I turned the power back on from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & then on high & blended for about 20 seconds more. Turn the high power off, turn the lower speed from 10 to 1 & turn the power off. Taste! Mine tasted fabulous!! It is a bit sweeter but not too sweet. You can really taste the strawberries & the creamy cashews. Pour into lovely jam pots & turn their lids on. Decorate nicely & place into the fridge to cool off & to firm up a bit. 4 hours is ideal. If you leave this in the fridge for about 12 hours, it will be more thick, like a thicker yoghurt! Enjoy, my lovely ones! If you want it to be more like a cream cheese, I think you must add more soaked cashews.
How to use?
1. Smear on some slice of bread
2. Eat as a lovely dessert
3. Pour into ice-popsicles & place in the freezer for a delicious treat
4. Pour over home-made vegan pancakes
5. Eat it like a yoghurt, it is that thick after being in the fridge for 1 night!
6. Pour it over vegan ice-cream
7. Eat it like that, with a spoon, straight from the jar !!!
What ideas, will you come up with? How would you like to eat this yummy invention?
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: