Yesterday evening, I made this lovely combined dinner. You can make it totally gluten-free & vegan, if you serve this with tofu or a vegan schnitzel.
I used 2 types of cut away salad leaves & I also got a bit of the small baby red roach leaves. I also pulled out several types of radishes & the first 2 hands of fresh chervil. The fresh chervil, I used in a lovely vegan gluten-free fresh chervil pesto dressing, that I drizzled over the oven roasted new potatoes. I also drizzled a bit over the mixed salad leaves. I served it with a seitan cordon blue. A lovely divine dinner, straight from the garden!
This was the harvest of that day:
This was the second time, that I cut away salad leaves. This was also the second time, that we harvested radishes. We also harvested the first new chard. The old plant produced many new seeds & they grew:
Now, on with the delicious recipe:
For 2 persons
For the salad:
4 handfuls of fresh-cut away mixed salad leaves, cleaned, washed, spun dry
a few baby red roach leaves, cleaned, washed, spun dry
fresh mixed radishes, cleaned, cut up finely into rings
For the chervil pesto dressing:( you will get about 250 ml)
1 + 1/2 cup ( 60 gr) fresh chervil, cleaned, washed, spun dry / green parts + stalks used, cut up roughly
1/4 cup (40 gr) toasted pine nuts
1/4 cup (60 ml) of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
20 grins of finely milled black pepper
15 grins of finely milled pink salt
1 smaller clove of fresh garlic, peeled & cut up
For the potatoes:
1 kg of peeled small potatoes, each cut up into 2
15 grins of finely milled black pepper
15 grins of milled pink salt
2 tablespoons of that fruity extra virgin olive oil
For the rest: a fried seitan cordon blue (vegetarian)
- Preheat your oven for 10 minutes onto 200°C ( 400 F). I always use a fan oven.
- Place your cut up small new potatoes in 1 layer in a fitted non-stock oven roasting tin. Grind your black pepper & pink salt all over it. Finally , drizzle your olive oil over it. With clean hands, mingle everything together. Place into center of the preheated oven & roast for about 25 minutes on 200°C (400 F). When done & browned, test with a fork.
- In the meantime, make your yummy pesto. Take your beloved food processor & place S-blade in. Add chopped chervil, chopped garlic clove, olive oil & toasted pine nuts. Add 10 grins of black pepper & pink salt too. Place fitted lid on & pulse repeatedly or until your liking. I always want to see bits of my ingredients into my pesto dressing, like this:
4. Taste. I added 5 grin of black pepper & 5 grins of pink salt & blitzed the pesto again. Serve the pesto into a lovely serving dish with added spoon.
5. Serve, like picture above. that chervil pesto dressing is just divine, like that or drizzled over the new roasted potatoes. I also drizzled a bit over my mixed salad leaves & radishes! The seitan cordon blue is a perfect partner for the fresh chervil,…ooh yes! My husband gave me 10/10 for this lovely easy to make dinner! Enjoy, sweeties! I had a lot of pesto leftover & place it into the fridge for later use. xxx
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like other fresh chervil recipes: