Today, I made these invented strawberry cashew cheeses spread! You know from my last post, that I made vegan rucola (arugula ) savoury cashew cheese spread & it was a huge success! Now, I wanted something sweet. If you fancy something more sweet on your daily bread & you want something that is vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free, you must check this easy peasy recipe out! It has only 3 ingredients!! Oh yes, baby!
Recipe: For about 3 cups, aka nearly 750 ml
1 cup of raw & unroasted cashews, soaked in water for 1 night, well-rinsed & well-drained / Now, they are softer, healthier & easier to digest
2 heaped cups of sliced strawberries
4 tablespoons of Maple syrup
1. Take your Vitamix & place your ingredients in this order into your Vitamix. If you don’t have a powerful blender, use a good mixer. Place the tamper into your fitting lid & press the power on, go from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & push onto higher power. Use the tamper & push all the ingredients into the blades & blend until it is to your liking. I blended it for about 1 minute. I checked the consistency & tasted it. I turned the power back on from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & then on high & blended for about 20 seconds more. Turn the high power off, turn the lower speed from 10 to 1 & turn the power off. Taste! Mine tasted fabulous!! It is a bit sweeter but not too sweet. You can really taste the strawberries & the creamy cashews. Pour into lovely jam pots & turn their lids on. Decorate nicely & place into the fridge to cool off & to firm up a bit. 4 hours is ideal. If you leave this in the fridge for about 12 hours, it will be more thick, like a thicker yoghurt! Enjoy, my lovely ones! If you want it to be more like a cream cheese, I think you must add more soaked cashews.
How to use?
1. Smear on some slice of bread
2. Eat as a lovely dessert
3. Pour into ice-popsicles & place in the freezer for a delicious treat
4. Pour over home-made vegan pancakes
5. Eat it like a yoghurt, it is that thick after being in the fridge for 1 night!
6. Pour it over vegan ice-cream
7. Eat it like that, with a spoon, straight from the jar !!!
What ideas, will you come up with? How would you like to eat this yummy invention?
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,214 email followers: Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: