Yesterday evening, I invented this festive chicken with a home-made cranberry-orange-port sauce with a hint of cinnamon! I served it with a lovely oven roasted side dish: oven roasted parsnips, red onions & sweet potato wedges! This is a festive & very delicious dinner!
You have to know that this is my special to go home-made cranberry sauce that has had a lot of success the past years. every time, I made it at dinner parties for my friends or family, people asked me for the tasty recipe! It is an oldy but a goldie! 😉
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds!
* For the cranberry sauce:
1 juicy organic orange, skin unwaxed, finely zested & juiced!
1 big cinnamon stick
345 gr (3 heaped cups ) fresh cranberries, rinsed under cold water, drained & bad ones removed ( 3 cups )
75 ml (5 tablespoons) red port, I used Offley
75 gr (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
* For the oven roasted veggies:
415 gr (3 cups + 1/2 cup) peeled parsnips, each cut up lengthways into smaller strips
(160 gr) =1 big red onion, peeled & cut up into thicker wedges
341 gr (3 cups) peeled sweet potatoes, cut up into smaller fries, measured when cut up into fries!
black pepper: 10 grins
Himalayan pink salt, in a grinder: 5 times
30 ml of a fruity extra virgin olive oil ( 2 tablespoons )
* For the chicken:
280-320 gr of organic chicken fillets, cleaned, cut up into smaller pieces
a fruity extra virgin olive oil to fry them in
1. Preheat your oven to 200° C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature! In the meantime, take a large non-stick roasting tin & place your parsnip pieces & sweet potato fries, all evenly divided in 1 layer in it. Snuggle your red onion wedges between it all. Scatter with black pepper & 5 times grinned pink Himalayan salt & drizzle your fruity evoo all over. With clean hands, mingle everything together. Place into the hot oven & roast for about 25-30 minutes. After 15 minutes of roasting, turn veggies over to prevent burning & for an equal roast! Check after 25 minutes of roasting if they are cooked through & well-roasted too!
2. When your veggies are in the oven, make your cranberry sauce. Take a fitted cocking pot & place your cranberries, orange zest, orange juice & cinnamon stick in it. Cook on medium-heat until nearly all the cranberries have burst & you end up with a lovely sauce. I like my sauce to be with some whole cranberries in them. Stir often! Off the heat, add coconut sugar & stir to dissolve into the heat of the sauce. Just before serving, remove the cinnamon stick!
3. Preheat your plates. While your sauce is thickening or cooking, fry your chicken pieces in some fruity evoo on all sides until browned on all sides & cooked through. Season on both sides with black pepper & some Himalayan pink salt! Yummy!
4. Serve at once with your chicken pieces, spoon your sauce half over the chicken & place your roasted veggies on the side! Enjoy, with a loved one! 😉 MMM!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You can also find this tasty recipe here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Chicken-served-with-a-cranberry-port-cinnamon-sauc/