A while ago, I made home-made roasted fresh pumpkin purée. I had to use it up. The rest, I froze into Ziplock bags in my freezer, for later use. We can’t buy pumpkin in a can. It doesn’t exist in Belgium! Too bad, I say! 😦 and because we can’t buy pumpkin spice over here, I made my own. This is also good for the people of Belgium so we can use this tasty mixed spice too!
It was the 1st time, I made vegan pancakes & it worked out really well.
I also made my own pumpkin pie spice!
So, here we go!
1. Vegan & Gluten-Free Pumpkin pie spice recipe ( my version )
4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, freshly grated
1 teaspoon of ground mace ( = foelie in Dutch )
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1. Take a clean smaller bowl & add all the spices. Like this picture:
2. Mix with a little whisk until it is all beautifully combined. Like this picture:
3. Use instantly or place into a lovely jam pot with fitting lid & place a lovely label with the date on it when you made it. Store in a dry cupboard. Enjoy! This would also make an ideal food gift!
2. For the Vegan pumpkin & pumpkin pie spiced pancakes! For 7 thicker pancakes!
1 cup of soy milk, not so sweet
1/2 cup of home-made pumpkin purée
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 cup + 1/4 cup of organic flour
1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of home-made pumpkin pie spice: ( recipe above! )
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt flakes, crushed
2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
1. Take a medium bowl & add milk, flaxseed, pumpkin purée & sunflower oil. Combine well with a whisk.
2. In another larger bowl, sift together flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, sugar & baking powder. Mix with a spoon.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture, stirring until just joined. A few lumps are okay.
4. Oil a non-stick pan with sunflower oil & heat up on high. Cook 1/3 cup of the pancake batter at once into your hot pan & spread it out a bit, with the back of a spoon & flip the pancake over when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Cook the second side until golden brown. Re-oil your pan, if you need to. Do the same with the rest of the pancake-batter. Keep the pancakes warm, on a hot plate, covered with aluminium foil.
5. Serve at once with a loved one. I love to top my pancake with hot maple syrup, cold maple syrup, my favourite jam, coconut sugar or powdered sugar. Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!