Yesterday, I made these tasty invented lamb burgers. I served them on a white roll with a lovely cold avocado & yoghurt sauce. My husband & I ate 2 lamb burgers each & thought they were ooh so tasty. I never made lamb burgers from scratch before but I never going to buy them again! 🙂 Check these out!
Recipe: For 2 persons, each 2 burgers
** For the lamb burgers:
360 gr unseasoned good quality lamb mince that is gluten-free & dairy-free
4 heaped tablespoons of cleaned & finely minced flatleaf parsley
black pepper, finely grinned, a lot!
3 x 1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt flakes
1/4 teaspoon roughly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon garam masala
3 small spring onions, cleaned & cut into smaller rings, white & green parts
** For the avocado & yoghurt sauce:
1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled & big stone removed, green inside removed with a large spoon
2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
2 heaped tablespoons of unsweetened medium fat yoghurt
Maldon sea salt flakes
** To serve: 4 dinner rolls, sliced open, some mixed lettuce leaves & your avocado & yoghurt sauce.
Some fruity extra virgin olive oil to fry the burgers in
1. Take your food processor & place all the ingredients, all equally divided into the food processor. Blitz & blitz until it all comes together. Mince everything well. Taste! It has to taste fabulous! Adjust the seasoning, if you need to but don’t add any more much garam masala. Just add some sea salt & black pepper. You don’t want the garam masala to overpower the other flavours!!!
2. Wet your hands a bit & form 4 equal sized patties aka burgers from the mix. Place them on a clean plate & place cling film over the plate & place into the fridge to firm up a bit. You can do this step a few hours before dinner. 2 or 3 hours, is ideal. Wash & dry your food processor. Wash & dry your hands well.
3. Just before dinner, when you are going to fry the burgers in some hot olive oil, make the avocado & yoghurt sauce. Take your clean food processor & place the avocado flash in it. Add the lime juice & the yoghurt. Mix everything together until you will end up with a clean greenish thicker mix. Add some sea salt & finely cracks of black pepper. Mix again. Taste. It has to taste fabulous!
4. Now, fry your burgers in this fruity olive oil in a hot non-stick pan on medium high heat. Fry your burgers to your liking on both sides. I like mine just fried enough that there isn’t raw meat inside. This took about 5 minutes on one side & about 4 to 6 minutes on the other side. Lower your heat if you need to. Cut with a knive to see that your meat is cooked through. Place a fitting lid on the pan & set aside to let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes so that your burgers will be more juicy & yummy!
5. Now, plate up. Take your sliced open dinner rolls & place some lettuce leaves on the bottom. Place your juicy burger on top. Laddle 1 or 2 tablespoons of your avocado & yoghurt sauce on top of the burger & close your bun! Enjoy it twice! 🙂 A divine & tasty dinner! I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband & I did! 😉
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!