I love making these lovely thicker pancakes. Americans are used to eat them so thick as that but we in Belgium aren’t. Sometimes, I like to eat thicker ones.
These pancakes aren’t so sweet but you add sweeter toppings anyway on the pancakes,…
I used as topping the maple syrup, I was given by my friend: Koko @ Koko ‘s Kitchen. A while ago, we swapped food gifts.
Thanks again, Koko! We just opened this lovely bottle of Canadian maple syrup! I so loved its taste!
Recipe: For 10 thicker , smaller pancakes, diameter: 13 cm
2 organic eggs, beaten
360 ml of semi skimmed milk
140 gr of organic white flour
100 gr of wholemeal spelt flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
50 gr of white castor sugar
2 apples, peeled, cored & cut up into larger wedges ( they will be grated later )
canola or corn oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, put the beaten eggs & the milk. Whisk it all together.
2. Take a smaller bowl & add the flours, the baking powder & sugar. With a spoon, mix it all together.
3. Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients into the larger bowl & whisk well!
4. Now, grate all the apple pieces above the large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Turn the heat on medium high & place a small non stick pan on it. Pour a bit of the used oil in the pan & swirl around, all over the surface of the pan. Remove the oil by pouring it back into a cup. Let the pan heat up. Pour 1 small soup ladle of the batter into the pan & swirl the batter a bit around. Let the batter bubble well for about 2 to 3 minutes before flipping the pancake & fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. I placed a plate on a heat & heated it up on medium high. Then I turned the heat down. I place the fried pancakes on it & turn a soup plate upside down on it, to keep the pancakes hot.
7. Do the same with the remaining batter, fry & keep them hot.
The grated apples give a nice twist & the sweeter topping is just about perfect!
This is lovely enjoyed with some great Maple syrup, brown beet sugar ( kinnekes sugar ), lovely rice syrup, white sugar or jam on top!
Enjoy!!♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like: