A few evenings ago, I wanted to make an easy pizza but I didn’t want to make a pizza dough. Sometimes, we can be lazy, right?
So, I bought ready-made puff pastry with margarine in it instead of butter. I like it that way!
Because I learn Spanish, I wanted it to be a Spanish influenced one. So, I made this!
This is an adopted recipe from Jo Pratt’s latest book, Entertaining.
Recipe: for 1 large pizza ( or for 2 persons, each 2 large-sized portions )
1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry with margarine
1 large red sweet bell pepper, cleaned, seeds, top & white parts removed, cut into long thin strips
1 large yellow sweet bell pepper, cleaned, seeds, top & white parts removed, cut into long thin strips
1 large white onion, peeled, cut into little pieces
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
100 gr of thin slices of chorizo ( I use the picanté version, because I like that )
125 gr of Manchego cheese
2 strips of fresh rosemary, cleaned, green needles cut off of the stalks & finely cut up ( remove the stalks )
some Maldon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Take a large non stick pan & pour 2 à 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil in the pan. heat up on high. When the pan is really hot, add the cut up onion, add the garlic pieces, the rosemary needles & the cut up sweet peppers. Turn the heat a bit down & fry for about 15 to 25 minutes until cooked trough & soft. Stir often. When ready, set aside. Turn the heat off.
3. Take your silpat, or a non stick baking sheet & place it on a baking tray. Roll the prerolled sheet of pastry out on it. Now, with your hands, make a border at the end of your pastry, all the way round. Make a thicker border, that the pastry stands up a bit.
4. Place a bit of the sunflower oil on the middle & on the edges of the pastry. Now, lay your fried filling from the pan, all over the pizza, well spread, evenly.
5. Divide the Manchego cheese into 2 equal sized portions. Grate the 1st portion evenly divided
all over the pizza.
6. Now, lay your 100 gr slices of chorizo evenly all over the pizza. It all just fits. Looking good!
7. Now, for the last part, grate the 2nd batch of the Manchego cheese all over the top of the pizza, evenly divided. Now it is ready to go in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted, the pastry looks a bit golden & the pizza looks just Georgius & smells amazing!
9. Take out of the oven. With the help of a chopping board, glide the really thin pizza of the baking sheet. Now you can cut your pizza. Be careful because the pizza is really thin!
It is yummy on its own or with a simple salad & dressing. MMM….
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!