Because I still had leftover beets, I needed to invent several new recipes with them. So, I thought, I invented this lovely recipe. Can you guess the ingredients? Two of them are RAW!!! The 2 raw one’s are very healthy too! Let’s see the spread again:
Let’s see how I made this, right?
Recipe: For 1 medium & 1 small jam pot
2 cups (240 gr) of raw shelled walnut halves
1 teaspoon sherry vanilla extract or normal vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 pitted large soft dates
2 teaspoons unsweetened soy milk
1 cup (160 gr) peeled fresh beetroot, cut up into bite-sized chunks & measured this way/ My beetroot was home-grown Summer beet, called Bolivar! They are mild in beet flavor, no earthy taste! That is what you want! If you use the other type of beets, your beet flavor will come through much more & we don’t want that!!!
- Place your walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon, dates & soy milk into your Vitamix container. Place fitted lid & tamper in. Turn your machine on & turn gradually from 1 to 10 & turn onto high too. Push ingredients into the running blades for about 15-30 seconds. Stop your machine from time to time, to scrape the sides! You will get lovely warmed up walnut butter. Taste. You will taste the lovely walnuts & the cinnamon with a hint of sweetness.
- Now, add beet chunks. Place fitted lid & tamper back on. Blitz onto high-speed & full power for about 15-30 seconds, stopping your machine from time to time, to scrape the sides. Your walnut beet butter will be pinkish-purple. Taste on last time. I tasted the walnut, then the cinnamon & a hint of beets.
- Put into lovely jam pots & let it rest in the fridge. Keep it there too.
How to use?
- Smear it on a lovely home-made bread slice, like pictures above.
- Spread it on a slice of cake.
- Eat it with a lovely spoon straight from there jar.
- Stir it through some vegan yoghurt.
- Smear it on pancakes.
- Top it on vegan ice-cream or stir it through vegan banana ice-cream,…yum!♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!http://eepurl.com/bSJtUr
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂