We often, savour this lovely dinner with marinated chicken! This lovely delicious marinated chicken dish is so easy to make & uses only 4 ingredients! Then, you have to let the flavours mingle for 3 hours in the fridge. Pour it all into a fitted oven dish & bake for about 30-35 minutes in the hot oven & done! 🙂 I served it with a leek potato stoemp. Super yummy!
Recipe: For 2 persons
For the marinated chicken:
1 double chicken fillet, chopped into smaller pieces
2 tablespoons of a good honey, I used organic sunflower honey
2 tablespoons of a good mustard
2 tablespoons of a good low-sodium soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
For the rest:
500 gr peeled white potatoes
350 gr-400 gr leek, well-washed, cleaned, white & green parts kept, cut up into smaller rings
a bit of butter ( I used lactose-free)
a splash of unsweetened soy milk
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
- About 3 hours & 30 minutes before dinner, make your marinade. Take a smaller bowl & add all marinade ingredients. Whisk together with a small whisk. My honey was a bit more dense & less fluid so whisk away! Now, put chicken pieces into the marinade & see that every piece is well coated into marinade. Cover & place into the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 F) for 10 minutes. Take marinade & chicken out of the fridge & remove the cover. Put it all, inclusive the marinade into a fitted oven dish so that the chicken pieces sit in 1 layer into the dish. Bake in the hot oven until browned, cooked through & caramelised! this will take about 30 to 35 minutes. Check often to prevent burning! I turn my chicken pieces in half of the cooking time to brown evenly into the marinade! The marinade will thicken into the oven & will be reduced in the end! So you end up with a lovely tasty sauce! 😉 Yum!
- Cook your potatoes in boiled water. Drain & set steam free. Add a knob of butter & a splash or 2 of soy milk. Add some grated fresh nutmeg, black pepper to your liking & some sea salt too. Mash. Taste. It has to taste fab!
- At the same time, take cooking pot & add some oil. When hot, add chopped leek & stir fry until cooked through & yummy. I added some black pepper & some salt. This will take about 7 minutes on higher heat. Add this to the mashed potatoes. Stir everything round into the mash & check the seasoning. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- When chicken is fully baked, your house will smell amazing! The chicken is very tender & juicy & bursts with flavour! Preheat 2 white plates & serve the mash besides the oven baked chicken pieces & their lovely sauce. See photo above! Enjoy, lovely people! xxx