Yesterday evening, I made this delicious black kale stoemp & served it with a fried organic pork sausage. This was a very tasty & easy meal to prepare. You can make it vegan by serving it with vegan spiced chorizo sausages, equally delicious, I assure you!
In our allotment, we still have 2 black kale plants with many, many leaves attached. So, we cut off a lot, to use into this lovely stoemp. Remember, my beloved black kale plants?
Now, you might be wondering what is STOEMP?
Stoemp is a typical Belgian & Dutch dish. In The Netherlands, they call it: STAMPPOT! This is a mix from boiled potatoes, then mashed & mixed with root vegetables or with braised leeks, or with carrots, or with all sort of cabbages, or with spinach, or with brussels sprouts,… Usually we mix it with slices of bacon or we serve it with sausages. We nearly always add a chopped up & sweated onion with it. You also can use cream, herbs or spices.
Stoemp is a typical word of the patois of Brussels. You can eat stoemp in a lot of brasseries in Brussels. Stoemp is a basic dish. We make them a lot, especially in winter time. It is certainly comfort food. 🙂 So on with the tasty recipe!
Recipe: For 3 persons
700 gr peeled floury potatoes, each cut up into 4 (weighted when peeled)
250 gr black kale leaves, well-washed, spun dry, big stalks removed, kale leaves torn up
pink salt in a grinder
1 white onion, peeled & finely cut up
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
unsweetened soy milk or skimmed milk
3 organic pork sausages
- Boil your potatoes until tender. It took me 20 minutes. Drain & steam off excess of water on low heat. Now, add a few splashes of unsweetened soy milk to the pot. Mash. Season with black pepper & some pink salt. In another cooking pot, boil your black kale leaves until tender. It took me 4 minutes. Drain well & leave the kale into the colander. Place cooking pot lid on it. Set aside. In the same cooking pot, heat a fruity evoo in it. When hot & sizzling, add chopped onion & garlic pieces. Season with black pepper & some pink salt, stirring often. Now, add drained cooked black kale leaves & stir everything through. When heated, add some last seasoning. Add this mix though the mashed potatoes. Stir everything through & taste one last time. You must taste the potatoes, kale & the pepper a bit too.
- At the same time, fry your organic pork sausages in that same fruity oil until cooked through on both sides. This took me about 10 minutes in total. Plate up & serve instantly! Enjoy, sweeties! xxx♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like:
- Leek stoemp with cordon bleu
- Cheezy smoked kale stomp with tofu veggie burgers
- Purple carrot stoemp with onion & smoked bacon
- Brussels sprout stoemp with sausages
- Green cabbage stoemp with sausages