This morning, I invented this lovely nut & seed granola. I thought why not invent a lovely granola without oats or quinoa? So, this is what I created:
I wanted to use different types of nuts & textures. I happen to have lots of sunflower seeds which I absolutely love. So, I used 3 types of nuts & 3 types of seeds.
Let’s see this beautiful tasty granola in a lovely bowl?
And this is 10 minutes in eating our breakfast, when the maple syrup is going off in to the cold soy milk,…Super yummy! :)
Recipe: For a whole lot of granola
1 cup (135 gr) sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons broken flaxseed
2 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( Do not use more otherwise it is overpowering!!!)
1/2 cup (36 gr) white almond flakes
1/2 cup (20 gr) whole hazelnuts
1/2 cup (70 gr) whole cashews
1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Otherwise, adjust your oven to the right temperature. Take a large roasting tin & smear in with vegan butter & up the sides a bit too. Push your baking paper well into it.
- Take your food processor & place S-blade in. Add hazelnuts & cashews. Place lid on & pulse until crumbled up.
- Take a big bowl & add all of the dry ingredients. So, add sunflower seeds, broken flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, white almond flakes, chopped hazelnuts & chopped cashews. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add wet ingredient, aka maple syrup to the bowl of dry ingredients & mix well with a spoon. See that every ingredient has been coated with the maple syrup. Spread the granola mix all over the base of the roasting pan, on top of the baking paper so that all is evenly divided into 1 layer.
- Roast your granola for 15 minutes in total but after each 5 minutes, take the pan out of the oven & turn the granola over with a spoon to prevent burning on one side & for an equal bake. So after 5 minutes into the oven, stir through granola & put back into the hot oven. After 5 minutes more, that is in total after 10 minutes, do the same. Lower your heat if you need to. 15 minutes have passed & my granola was ready & equally browned & roasted! Your house will smell amazing!!! Just look at the lovely home-made granola. Leave into the tin for about 30 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir granola through & see that it doesn’t stick to the baking paper. When completely cool, store into a lovely glass jar. Enjoy! :) I ate a small bowl of granola with cold unsweetened soy milk straight from the fridge,….Super delicious! It gave me energy for 4-5 hours! :) Really! xxx This also makes a lovely food gift! This granola is something different because it has no oats or quinoa or dried fruit in it! Enjoy, sweeties! :) xxx
- ♥ Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,371 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
- You can also find this tasty recipe here on Instructables!
You might like other granolas on my blog: