A few days ago, I received some good new tasty potatoes from a friend at our allotment. I also had several fresh veggies from the garden that we needed to use up. So, I invented this garden potato salad with no mayo & served it alongside grilled marinated green & yellow courgette. I served it with bought organic marinated chicken pieces but you can serve with it what you like, vegan sausages or fish!
This garden potato salad, I served cold, included with the fried or cooked ingredients. Only my chicken & grilled courgettes were warm. My husband Peter & I ate it outside in our city garden & washed it all down with some great Belgian pils beer, Jupiler! ;) Here you can see this lovely cold potato salad: Enjoy!
Recipe: For 3 persons
* For the garden potato salad:
3-4 large new potatoes, peeled & cut up into wedges
5 sprigs of fresh chives, cleaned, pad dry, finely cut up with scissors!
2 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
Maldon sea salt
a fruity extra virgin olive oil short = evoo
80 gr red orach, washed, cleaned, pad dry, cut up
80 gr NZ spinach, washed, cleaned, pad dry, cut up
1 big stalk fresh sprig of rosemary, stalk removed, cleaned, 1/2 of the needles used in here, needles finely cut up
135 gr freshly podded peas
* For the grilled marinated green & yellow courgette:
1 medium yellow courgette, cleaned, cut up into thinner & thicker rounds
1 medium green courgette, cleaned, cut up into thinner & thicker rounds
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
the rest of that 1/2 fresh sprig of rosemary, cleaned, stalk removed, needles finely cut up
5 grins of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of crushed Maldon sea salt
a few drizzles of a fruity evoo
* For the rest:
marinated organic chicken pieces, fried in that same fruity evoo, like above, not extra seasoned.
1. One hour & half before dinner, marinate your green & yellow courgette rounds. In a bowl, add the chopped courgettes. Scatter chopped garlic & rosemary pieces all over the courgette rounds. Add 5 grins of finely milled black pepper & 1/4 teaspoon of crushed sea salt. Finally, drizzle some fruity evoo all over it & with clean hands, mingle it all together! Place onto the kitchen counter for an hour to marinate. After 30 minutes, mix it all through again. It will look something like this:
Just before marinating!
2. In the meantime, cook your new potato wedges until just al dente, you don’t want them to fall apart though! Throw in your podded peas in the last 5 minutes of cooking. You want the peas, to be just al dente. Drain well & rinsed under cold water. Drain again. Cut your potato wedges smaller & place them into a larger bowl. Add finely cut up chives & mingle with a spoon. Add cooked new peas to the potato mix. Fry chopped garlic, red orach, NZ spinach & chopped rosemary in that same fruity evoo for a few minutes. Season with some sea salt & some grins of black pepper to taste. Add this mix to the cooked potato chives mix. Mix it carefully through. Place your bowl into the fridge to cool down completely.
3. Just before dinner, take a large griddle pan. Brush your courgette rounds with some of that same fruity evoo, if you need to. Let the griddle pan get really hot. When, hot, place all of your chopped courgettes onto the hot griddle pan & pour on top the chopped marinated garlic, rosemary & oil. Grill your pieces for a few minutes on one side or until you see the grilled stripes on the grilled side & turn them over. Grill the other side for one or 2 minutes more or until grilled through. Also fry your marinated chicken piece in a large non-stick pan until al dente, browned on all sides & cooked through. Serve at once! Just like picture above & don’t forget your beers! Enjoy, my sweeties! :) xxxx
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,305 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files