Today, I harvested again 2 yellow courgettes. One I let grow a bit bigger, ready to stuff it. I also harvested a smaller one. It were these 2 beauties:
I stuffed them with home-grown yellow courgette & spring onions too. I added a few tasty things like pork mince & topped it all with shreds of mixed gratin cheese. Here is the simple tasty recipe:
Recipe: For 2 bigger yellow courgette halves & 2 smaller yellow courgette halves
1 bigger yellow courgette, cleaned, top & end cut off
1 smaller yellow courgette, cleaned, top & end cut off
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
the meat of the 2 courgettes, cut up into smaller chunks, pits removed
2 spring onions, cleaned & finely cut up
350 gr pork mince
pink salt in a grinder
dried Provencal herbs
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
100 gr of shredded mixed gratin cheese
1 or 2 big fresh tomatoes
- Prepare courgettes. Take each courgette & slice it into 2 lengthways. See that the 2 halves are equally thick. Then with a knife, make a pattern onto the inside aka the flesh. Do not cut through!!! See photo below!
- Scoop the inside flesh out with a spoon. Remove the flesh with the seeds. Cut rest of the courgette flesh into smaller chunks. Put into a bowl. Do this with all the courgette halves. Preheat your ocean to 180°C (350 F) for 10 minutes.
- Fry stuffing & mix. Into a hot pan, pour a few drizzles of that fruity evoo. When hot, add spring onion & garlic pieces. Fry for about 2 minutes. Now, add chunks of yellow courgette flesh. Season it all with pink salt, black pepper & some dried Provençal herbs. Stir often. When browned & tender, remove & place into a pot. Now, add some oil. Heat up. When hot, add pork mince & flatten it all out with a fork. Fry until cooked through & brown. Season also with pink salt, black pepper & dried P. herbs. Taste. Add this to the rest of the mix. Stir through.
- Pre-bake your courgette halves. At the meantime, place your courgette halves into a fitted oven dish. I needed to take out 2 dishes of different sizes. Scatter some black pepper & pink salt all over the base of the courgette surfaces. Drizzle a bit of that same oil all over the base of the courgette halves, see photos below! Bake for 15 minutes on 180°C (350 F).
- The last bake.Take out of the oven & fill courgette halves with the meat-veggie mix, all evenly divided, of course! Top with equal amounts of the shredded gratin cheese & place into the hot oven on 200°C (400 F) for about 15-18 minutes. Place 1 big yellow stuffed courgette halve onto a clean big white plate. Place 3-4 tomato slices besides the courgette halve & drizzle with that same fruity evoo, a pinch of pink salt & a few grins of black pepper. Serve at once & enjoy! Also enjoy the second other yellow courgette halve & fresh tomato slices too! 🙂 MMMM! Eat!
This recipe was featured @Instructables! yes! You can read it all here!