Lately, I am making different Irish soda breads! They are easy & quick to make & so super delicious too! When I don’t have fresh bread in the house, I make them!
Just look at this tasty beauty: Can you see the cross??
This recipe is very easy to make. I used low-fat kefir in here to make it more healthy! Baking soda is used in here instead of yeast or sourdough. Let’s make this yummy bread:
Recipe: For 1 bread
500 gr (3 cups + 1/4 cup) T 150 (French whole-wheat Flour)
8 gr baking soda
8 gr ground table salt
520 ml (1 cup) low-fat kefir
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (350 F) for 15 minutes.
2. Take a medium bowl & add 3 dry ingredients: the whole-wheat flour, baking soda & salt. Mix together with a spoon.
3. Take a measuring mug & add wet ingredient, the kefir. Now, pour this to the bowl with dry ingredients. Mix shortly with a large spoon. Flour your counter a bit with that ww flour. Take dough out on your kitchen counter with help of your hands & a dough scraper. Knead it lightly until it all comes together. If it sticks to the bench, use a dough scraper to help you. Try to avoid adding flour!! Shape a roundish bread shape.
4. Place the bread into a sunflower oiled round bread pan. Now, with a single-edged razor blade, this is what I use, slash a cross into the crust of your bread. Not to deep though, about 1.5-2,5 cm deep. I opened my cross on all sides! The look after, looks professional, I think! 😉 See 1st photo above! 😉 Cool, right?
5. Bake the bread into the bread tin in the hot oven for about 25-30 minutes. The bread is fully baked when browned on top, risen & when you tap onto the bottom. It must sound hollow. Otherwise, place it back into the round bread tin & bake it further for another 5-10 minutes. My bread was ready after 30 minutes. Carefully take out of the oven. Remove the bread tin & place onto a wire rack to cool down completely! When cold, slice into bread slices & enjoy! I love it smeared with butter & a good slice of young cheese! 😉 The choice is yours! 😉 If there is some bread left, store in a bread bag! Enjoy sweeties! Till next time! 😉
Like what you see & want to stay updated through email? Join 1,850 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!!
+ Get my free E-Book: Healthy Vegan Christmas!!!
Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
You might like: