A few days ago, I needed to use up a few things in my fridge so I ended up by making this simple haloumi salad for the 2 of us. It is a filling vegetarian salad but not too rich or heavy so ideal to eat in the evening. I topped it with a simple fresh lemon juice dressing to bring out the yummy flavors!! Doesn’t it look lovely?
This is so delicious!!!!!! MMMM! You could also add toasted nuts in here of some fruit,…It is up to you! 😉
Recipe: For 2 persons
For the dressing:
5 tablespoons of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
8 grins of finely milled black pepper
4 grins of milled sea salt
For the salad:
1 pack of haloumi cheese, packet cut open, dept dry on double kitchen paper, carefully sliced into slices about 1 cm thick (5-6)
2 witlof , cleaned & hard core cut out, using the leaves, 1 per plate
2-3 Little gem lettuce heads, opened into the leaves, 1 + 1/2 per plate
2 handfuls of fresh cleaned lamb’s lettuce, 1 hand per plate
1/2 big red bell pepper, cleaned, pits & white bits removed, cut up into smaller chunks
- Make the dressing first. Place all ingredients for the dressing into a fitted jam pot. Screw the lid on & shake your pot up & down & up & down or until the ingredients are well mingled. Taste. It has to taste a bit pungent & sharp!
- Heat your grill pan on high heat. Take a chopping board & place your slices of haloumi on it. Brush the top of your haloumi slices in with that same fruity oil. This is easily done with a small silicon pastry brush. When grill is really hot, place your haloumi slices quickly onto the hot griddle. With help of a fork, push your slices onto the hot grill. After a few minutes, before turning them over, brush this upside with oil & with help of a fork grill the other side. After 2-3 minutes, the slices are fully roasted.
- In the meantime, arrange your 2 plates, like photo above. Arrange 3-4 grilled haloumi slices onto each salad & just before serving, drizzle a few teaspoons of that yummy dressing over the haloumi & all over your salad, in a spiral! Enjoy directly with a loved one! MMM!
You might like other haloumi recipes:
- Grilled haloumi salad with herby chickpeas
- Scrumptious Seasonal rapini salad
- Vegetarian tasty salad
- Vegetarian Haloumi Burger