Today, I made this lovely Rye raisin bread & also stuffed it with chopped roasted skinned hazelnuts! I cal this a WEEKEND BREAD! Why? Because it is perfect to enjoy in the long weekend! I only used 2 whole grain flours in here! 100 % whole rye flour + 100 % organic whole-wheat flour ( T 150).
Check out my lovely bread!
Recipe: For 1 bread of 920 gr!!!!
300 gr 100% whole rye flour
200 gr strong 100 % whole-wheat flour (I use French T 150)
35 gr softened vegan butter
200 ml unsweetened soy milk
100 ml agave sweetened hazelnut milk
1 sachet of 9 gr vegan dried yeast
75 gr dark small dried grapes from Corinth
40 gr skinned chopped roasted hazelnuts
1 + 1/8 teaspoon ground table salt
to top the bread with: water + 20 gr whole rye flakes
- Take a small cooking pot & add softened vegan butter. On low-heat, melt it completely. Cool a bit. Now, add soy & hazelnut milk. Whisk. Turn the heat up a bit. The liquid needs to be lukewarm. Add dried yeast & whisk it all in. See that there are no lumps of yeast left!! Let it rest for 5 minutes, off the heat.
- Take your Kenwood mixing bowl & add 2 flours & salt. Place dough hook in. Mix well on low-speed. Add dried grapes & chopped hazelnuts. Mix it in on low-speed. Finally, add yeast-butter-liquid. Mix onto number 5, aka high-speed for 8 minutes until you get a stretchable dough. It will be a bit less stretchy than when you use only white flour in your dough. You know what I mean?
- Flour your kitchen counter with a bit of 100% whole-wheat flour & knead your dough with your hands for 2 minutes extra. Form a roundish shape. Oil a wider bowl with sunflower oil. Place your dough in the middle of it. Place a plastic bag over the bowl & close it firmly. Leave it to double in size in a warm place. It took my dough 3 hours to double in size.
- Open the plastic bag & take bowl out. Take risen dough & knock it all back on your kitchen counter. Form the shape that you want. I use my silicon bread bowl so I don’t need to grease it. I placed the plastic bag over it & tied it. I put it into a warm place to double in size, one more time. This is your second rise! When the rising time is nearly over, preheat the oven to 180° C (350 F) for 10 minutes. Remove plastic bag. With a silicon brush, brush some tap water over the top & sides of your dough & then scatter your whole rye flakes all over the top & sides of the dough. Finally, score your dough a few slashes, a pattern that you choose, with help of a dough scraper! Place silicon bread tin onto an oven rack & place in the bottom of the oven &bake for 30 minutes. This time, I didn’t close my silicon bread tin because I wanted to end up with a round bread! 😉 Ha! After baking time, stop oven & carefully remove from the oven with oven gloves. Carefully, flip your bread over & knock onto the bottom of your bread. If it sounds hollow, your bread is fully baked, if not return to your oven for about 10-15 minutes more. Place your freshly baked bread onto a wire rack to cool down completely. My bread was 910 gr! A real beauty, if I say so myself! Ooh yay! 🙂 When cooled, slice, eat & repeat! If there is leftover bread, store in a bread bag!
So, if you like to stay updated & receive my new latest posts through cool email newsletters, Subscribe now by email. It is free! Join 1,850 email subscribers! Get my free E-Book: Healthy Vegan Christmas too!
Subscribe through the link below:
You might like these tasty other bread recipes:
- White Kefir Bread
- Vegan Chestnut Bread
- Vegan Spelt Bread
- Vegan Spelt Fig Rolls topped with Healthy Chocolate Icing
- Vegan Spelt Cinnamon Rolls topped with Cashew Caramel Frosting
- Vegan Christmas Stollen, my way