Hey my long lost friends!
It is me again,….Ooh yes,…really? ooh yes! Sophie’s Foodie Files is back in business again! I know a lot of you were wondering what was happening to me & what was going on! So, a huge thank you to all of you who sent me long lovely emails through my contact form on my blog. That made me smile & it was great to know that I was missed deeply! Well, what happened to me?
I take thyroid medication because I only have a bit of my thyroid left in my body. The whole other part of it, was taken aways through a big operation 14 years ago. Since then, I take daily my thyroid medication. Since August, this medication didn’t work anymore & I got very major side effects that disabled my daily life completely. So, I had ups & downs & finally we went to a specialist. He made me back to my oldself again & I am so happy about that too. So, I am getting back to normal & also in these last months, I haven’t blogged at all let alone look at my favorite other blogs. I am also learning to play the piano, am very busy in our allotment garden.
I also have been cooking & baking from my new cookery books like these fabulous books: Just click onto the book photo to go directly to the cool blogs! 😉
This fab vegan book of Kathy@HealthyHappyVegan
And what about this cool book: Emily von Euw@ThisRawSomeVeganLife.com
And this one, from my friend Annie Olivero @AnUnrefinedVegan:
And I also have been cooking a lot from other blogs too like this cool vegan one from Vegan Sandra.
I love all of her easy to make vegan recipes especially the hamburgers! Like this fab one: Just click onto the photo to go to the recipe on her blog! 🙂 Yum!
So, I had still many recipe drafts in my back up of my blog but I am not going to post them again because the posts are out of Season, you know. But now we have arrived in mt favorite Season & that is Fall! ooh yay! That means PUMPKINS!!!! Ooh yes!
Today, I made this stunning vegan pumpkin bread studded with yellow raisins, infused with an organic cinnamon, ginger & cardamom tea. Yummy, I assure you that! I made my bread not so sweet because I saw recipes on the internet that were stuffed with lots of sugar. I didn’t want that!🙂 So, I made this stunning & very appetizing pumpkin bread! This is great & tasty enjoyed with the same ginger, cinnamon & cardamom tea in your tea mug! Check it out for yourself, my lovely ones!
Here is my favorite Vegan Spiced Spelt Pumpkin Bread! Ooh yes, but it is more like a cake really! 🙂
Now, make it!
Recipe: For 1 pumpkin bread, about 9 thicker slices
** The dry ingredients:
1 cup organic light organic spelt flour
1 cup organic wholemeal spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon garam masala ( my garmam masala mix has also cardamom in it )
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, I did it in my pestle & mortar
** The wet ingredients:
1 cup + 1/2 cup mashed roasted pumpkin. /I used freezed roasted pumpkin from last year/ I placed it into my microwave to defrost. It defrosted in 8 minutes. Mix through with a spoon & take 1 cup + 1/2 cup.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ I use home-made
1 flax egg = to substitute 1 egg/ Grind your 1 tablespoon flaxseed into your grinder & measure out 1 tablespoon. Take this + mix this in a bowl with 3 tablespoons water. Mix with a fork & wait for about 10 minutes until it forms a sort of gel. Now, you can use it.
** The rest:
1 cup yellow dried raisins
1. First, soak your yellow raisins in a tea for 30 minutes. I used Pukka-tea : organic cinnamon, ginger & cardamom tea.
I made my tea by steeping my teabag for 6 minutes into my tea mug. I placed my yellow dried raisins into a medium bowl. I used250 ml tea. I poured the tea onto my yellow dried raisins & let them soak for 30 minutes, to absorb the lovely flavours of my delicious tea so that would be juicy & bigger! After 30 minutes, drain the tea liquid. Place the juicy raisins into a sieve to shake the sieve up & down a bit to shake of any excess of liquid.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C ( 350 F ) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature.
3. In a Kenwood-bowl or a big bowl, sift the light spelt flour, add the wholemeal spelt flour & sieve the baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, garam masala & the cloves. Mix lightly with a spoon, carefully not to mess with the air!😉, until well combined.
4. In another large bowl, add the wet ingredients. Add pumpkin purée, flax egg, canola oil, maple syrup & vanilla extract. Mix well with a medium whisk.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & mix with the K-paddle or mix it by hand or with an electric whisk until all beautifully combined! Spoon with a spatula, everything round & check that you have incorporated everything into your Kenwood bowl. Mix again. Now, add the drained yellow raisins to the batter. Mix on low-speed for a minute or less, or until well mixed into the batter.
6. Take your oven rack & place a Silpat for stability. Take your silicon bread pan & you don”t have to grease it because it is silicon. It won’t stick afterwards! Fill it until all of your batter is gone. Smooth the top evenly. Place into the preheated oven on the lower rack of your oven & bake for about 50 minutes or until a pin you put into it, comes out clean. I baked my bread on 180°C ( 350 F ) for 40 minutes & lowered my oven onto 165°C ( 329 F ) for about 10 minutes. See that the top of your bread won’t get burned!!! I tested my bread in 3 places & the pin came out clean. Test it into the thickest part 2 times & into the side part, 1 time. Now, remove from the oven & place onto a wire rack for 10 minutes. Than, remove the silicon tin & place onto the wire rack to cool down completely. Store in a cookie or cake tin.
7. Serve with a loved one & drink the same tea with it that you used into your beautiful cake aka bread! This is great on its own or smeared with some vegan butter!😉 MMM! A great breakfast too. 2 slices will really fill you up! It goes a long way! Yummm! Enjoy, my sweeties! 🙂 xxxx
You can also find this tasty recipe HERE ON INSTRUCTABLES!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!