Yesterday evening, I invented this lovely Vegan Gluten-free Soothing Spiced up Pumpkin soup! I had about 1/5th of a home-grown Musque de Provence pumpkin over & needed to use it up. So, I created this lovely soothing spiced up pumpkin soup! It adds a nice kick on your tongue & is tremendously delicious. It has 2 secret ingredients that take this lovely soup to a whole other level,… Start guessing!!! And one of them is not chili pepper! Ha! 🙂
Sean & Linda said: ” We made your lovely soup today! It is indeed very soothing with the warm spices in here!
Wonderful flavored soup! ”
Recipe: For a whole lot of soup, about + 2 liters
1600 gr netto, (+ 11 cups) peeled, deseeded, threads removed Musque de Provence pumpkin, cut up into bite-sized cubes
2 medium white onions, peeled & cut up
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & cut up
1500 ml of a gluten-free vegan hot stock
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground couscous spices ( mine included: ground coriander, ground cinnamon, ground black pepper, ground ginger, ground cayenne & ground cloves)
ground pink Himalayan salt in a grinder
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
- In a large cooking pot, add some drizzles of that fruity oil & heat up on medium-high heat. When hot, add chopped onion & garlic. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 10 grins of black pepper & 5 grins of pink salt on top of it. Stir everything round into the pot & fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Now, add pumpkin cubes, remaining cinnamon & couscous spices. I also added a few more dashes of oil. Stir everything round & let the pumpkin fry for about 8-10 minutes until softer.
- Now, add hot stock & stir everything round into the large pot. Place fitted lid on & cook until pumpkin has been cooked through. It only took me 8 minutes. Turn heat off & check seasoning. I added 15 grins of black pepper & 15 grins of pink salt! The soup is soothing, spiced up onto the tongue & a has a lovely warm cinnamon flavor at the back of your mouth!
- Mix it with an immersion blender & enjoy with a loved one with some good bread slices on the side! 🙂 Enjoy, sweeties! xxx♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
- Roasted pumpkin, chorizo thyme soup served with a savory pumpkin, feta, red onion bread!
- Sophie’s pumpkin soup!
- Kicked up pumpkin soup!
- Roasted spiced parsnip, pumpkin chickpea soup!
- White cabbage pumpkin soup!
- Spiced summer pumpkin, butternut red bell pepper soup!
- Curried pumpkin soup!