We have 2 larger Black kale plants in our beloved allotment. We have eaten many leaves already but you don’t see it on the plants! One looks like this right about now:
Today, I harvested many black kale leaves. I cleaned them, cut out the big white stem & used them in this wholesome delicious one-pot meal! Serve it with some home-made bread & you will love this beautiful combination! 🙂
Let’s see the beautiful mixed filling soup right here:
Recipe: For 4-5 bowls of soup
260 gr ( 3 + 1/2 cups) fresh cleaned, washed, pad dry, Summer leeks, white & green parts, cut up roughly / home-grown
120 gr ( 4 cups) black kale leaves, well washed, spun dry, cleaned, big stem removed, cut up roughly/ home-grown
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped/ home-grown
1 mini pumpkin, (215 gr) (1 cup + 3/4 cup), peeled, deseeded & threads removed, cut up into chunks/ I used home-grown Uchiki Kuri!
1 can of chickpeas, well-rinsed, drained
1200 ml vegan gluten-free hot stock
15 grins of black pepper
15 grins of pink Himalayan salt in a grinder
1 teaspoon of smoked spicy paprika, Pimentón picanté ( is well enough!! )
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Take a large cooking pot & heat up. When hot, add some drizzles of oil. Now, add chopped garlic & pumpkin. Fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Then, add chopped leek, black kale leaves, 10 grins of black pepper & 10 grins of pink salt too. Stir everything round into the pot & fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Now, add chickpeas, your spicy smoked paprika & your hot stock, stir well. Now, place fitted lid on & boil for about 10 minutes. Taste!
- Mix your soup with an immersion blender & finally, taste your soup! You must taste the chickpeas, the black kale & then the hot paprika! MMM! It is a thicker soup. Let the soup cool down a bit & ladle your soup into lovely soup bowls & serve with a good slice of home-made bread & some vegan butter! Yum yum, I say! 🙂 Enjoy, my sweeties! xxx ♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!http://eepurl.com/bSJtUr
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like:
- It is time for,…warm vegan goodness!
- Curried swiss chard, lentil & chickpea soup!
- Vegan curly kale lentil stew
- Cheezy smoked kale stoemp with fried tofu burgers!