Yesterday, I invented this lovely easy peasy dinner. Let’s see how tasty it all looks, hey?
I worked in our allotment & pulled this all from our garden: fresh podded peas, 15 sugar snap peas, fresh lemon thyme & garlic bulbs. I added a few other veggies & made tho lovely easy tasty dinner served with oil fried fish sticks! Yum yum, I say! 🙂
Let’s see the peas in their pods in our garden:
Not every pod is ready yet, so Peter & I have eaten every other day, about 30 to 60 gr fresh podded peas! We get used to that easily! 😉
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the peas-snap peas-lemon thyme mix:
55 gr or more, freshly cleaned, pad dry sugar snap peas
65 gr freshly podded peas
a few sprigs of lemon thyme, I had some flowers on them, 2 stalks to put into the cooking water & the others, chopped up, the flowers too!
1 medium white onion, peeled & sliced into thin strips
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
a fruity extra virgin olive oil
Maldon sea salt
* For the roasted sweet potato-garlic mix:
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cut up into wedges
2 small garlic bulbs, each cut up into 2, Unpeeled!
black pepper: about 15 grins
some Maldon sea salt, about 1/8 teaspoon or a bit less
a fruity evoo, the same one like above, about 2 tablespoons
* For the fried fish sticks:
14 pre fried fish sticks, straight from the freezer
the same fruity evoo, like used above!
extra: I served extra beside this full plate: a mixed green salad.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 400 F) for 10 minutes. Take fitted non-stick roasting tin & place sweet potato wedges in 1 layer in it. Tuck your garlic halves between them. Season with 15 grins of black pepper & your sea salt too. Drizzle your lovely olive oil over the top & with clean hands, mingle it all together! Place into the center of the hot oven & roast for about 25-30 minutes, turning the veggies over, after half of the roasting time. Keep warm. In the meantime, cook your peas, snap peas & 2 sprigs of lemon thyme together until just al dente. This took me 2-3 minutes only! Drain & rinse well under cold water to keep the greenness & to stop the cooking process. In the same pot where you cooked your veggies in, heat up on medium heat. When hot, add a few drizzles of olive oil & heat up. Add chopped garlic, onion slices & other sprigs of lemon thyme, finely chopped up. Fry until tender & yummy. Season with some black pepper & a pinch of sea salt. Keep warm.
2. At the same time, in a large non-stick frying pan, pour a lot of the same fruity evoo in it. When hot, place your fish sticks in it & fry until just cooked through & browned on both sides or according to your packet instructions! Now, plate it all up, just like plated above! 😉 Enjoy, my sweeties! 🙂
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂