Yesterday evening, I invented these tasty spiced up chicken meatballs! The meatballs itself are Dairy-free, Egg-free & Gluten-free too! I spiced up my organic chicken mince, served them on a bed of home-made tomato-veggies sauce & ate them with spelt penne! Ooh yes, this is a lovely flavored well combined delicious pasta dinner! I made enough for 2 days in a row, so for 4 persons! I made my chicken meatballs a few hours before dinner to stiff up a bit in the fridge!
Let’s see how I made it all!:)
Recipe: For 4 persons
* For the spiced up chicken meatballs: (14 ping-pong sized balls)
350 gr dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free organic chicken mince
3 spring onions, cleaned, cut up into rings, white & green parts
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely chopped up
black pepper: 20 grins
Himalayan pink salt in a grinder: 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon dried Provençal herbs
1 teaspoon dried cous-cous herbs ( mine had ground coriander, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper & ground cloves in it)/ it is very aromatic too! 🙂
1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder
* For the lovely home-made tomato-veggies sauce:
4 dried bay leaves
1 big leek, washed, cleaned, pad dry & cut up finely (2 cups)
4 green celery stalks, cleaned, pad dry & cut up finely (2 cups)
4 big carrots, peeled & cut up into rings & each cut up into 2 (3 cups)
500 gr spelt penne
1 kg tomato passata
300 ml of water poured into the empty tomato packet & used extra in the sauce
1 can of whole peeled tomatoes in their juice
1 teaspoon dried Provençal herbs
30 grins of black pepper
1 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt & a few pinches extra
a fruity evoo
* Serve with cooked spelt penne ( that is egg-free & dairy-free ) or make it completely Gluten-free by using cooked Gf penne! 🙂
1. Four & half hours before dinner make your chicken meatballs in your food processor. Put your spring onions & finely cut up garlic in your food processor & place fitted lid ob. Blitz or pulse for a few times until they are more finely chopped up. Add chicken mince, black pepper, Himalayan pink salt, cous-cous herbs, dried Provençal herbs & chili powder. Place fitted lid back on & pulse until it is all fully mixed in. Stop & scrape the sides a few times to push your ingredients to the S-blade knife. Don’t blitz too much because you still want to see bits of your ingredients into the chicken mince! With wet hands, form ping pong-sized balls & place them onto a clean large plate. I created 14 chicken balls! Place cling film over the top & place into the fridge to stiff up a bit. I put them in the fridge for 4 hours.
2. Now, make your tomato-veggies sauce. Take a larger cooking pot & drizzle with some good fruity extra virgin olive oil. Heat up. When hot, add chopped celery, carrot & leek pieces. Add 4 dried bay leaves & about 20 grins of black pepper & 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Stir fry everything for about 10-15 minutes. Add more olive oil if you need to. I placed fitted lid on & let veggies fry further. When done, add tomato passasta, canned whole tomatoes & your 300 ml of tomato passata water. Stir everything round into the pot. Add 1 teaspoon of Provençal herbs & stir it through the sauce. Place fitted lid on & cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring from time to time until your sauce has reduced a bit & your veggies are just cooked through. Check your seasoning. I added 10 grins of black pepper extra & some Maldon sea salt too. Take out your 4 dried bay leaves. Place fitted lid on.
3. Take a large non-stick pan & add a lot of that fruity evoo. When hot, add chicken meatballs. Fry them into the hot oil until browned & cooked through. This only will take about 5-7 minutes. Place them on double kitchen paper to dip of the excess of fat. Place double kitchen paper on top of them too.
4. Serve at once, place cooked penne pasta into 2 or 4 clean white para bowls & paddle your lovely sauce on top. Place 3 to 4 spiced chicken meatballs on top of the sauce! Enjoy instantly with loved one’s! MMM …
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!