I hope you celebrated a lovely joyful Christmas with your family, friends & loved one’s! I want to give you this festive easy to make appetizer that always is a great hit wherever I present these tasty beauties! 🙂 Yum yum yumm,…Excellent with a good glass of Prosecco brut, Cava brut or real Champagne Brut! 🙂
Recipe: For about 20 pieces
one roll of puff-pastry with margarine ( or butter if you like )
1/2 small pot of 190 gr green pesto
about 150 gr of de-fatted thin ham slices, cut into 2, rind removed
about 150 gr of half-hard cheese, cut into slices, rind removed
1. Take your puff pastry out of the package & place it on a Silpat or cookie sheet. Roll it out nicely. Now, with a palet knife, smear your green pesto all over the puff pastry, evenly divided, but leave 0,5 cm free, at the sides. See picture below:
2. Now, place ham slices in 1 layer all over the green pesto, like this & leaving 0.5 cm from the edges free:
3. Finally, place the cheese slices, all in 1 layer, over the top of the ham slices, leaving 0.5 cm from the edges free.
4. Now, carefully with your hands, you can roll up the stuffed roll. Do not break the dough & do not make holes!!!
5. When tightly rolled up & you have checked that there are no holes, close the edges. Carefully package the roll into cling-film. Place onto a large plate & place into the fridge, to let the flavors mingle, up to 1 night. Mostly, I leave it in the fridge for 3 to 6 hours. So, when you have a party, you prepare them in the morning & make them in the oven a few hours later!
6. When you are ready, to make the appetizers, preheat your oven to 180°C ( 350 F ) for 10 minutes. Take the packaged roll out of the fridge, remove cling film & place onto a large chopping board. With a sharp knife, cut the roll into slices, each about 1 finger thick! I ended up with 20 slices, the sides included!
7. Take a non-stick baking sheet like Silpat & place in onto an oven rack. Place your rolls cut-sized down on the baking sheet, but leave 1.5 to 2 cm between each piece to prevent sticking to each other & than you won’t end up with perfect appetizers! They will puff up when baking in the oven! Place in the center of the oven & bake for about 25 minutes. When ready, your house will smell amazing & the puff pastry pieces are nicely brown, puffed up & look very inviting, like picture above! 😉 Take them out of the oven & leave them on the Silpat for about 10 minutes! After that, carefully remove them with a palet life & place them on wire racks to cool down a bit & serve them slightly warm with a good glass of Prosecco, Cava or Champagne brut! Most of the time, I served them slightly warm! 🙂 Enjoy! xxx
Even the next day, they are very delicious! 🙂 MMM!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!! Get my free E-book: Healthy Vegan christmas too!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂