Every year round Christmas, I make these delicious easy to make Pecan Chocolate Cake Slices! They are always a success wherever I bring them! 🙂 So, now you can enjoy them too! They are a Great Tasty Food Gift!
Recipe: For 50 slices
150 gr coconut sugar
150 gr self-rising flour
90 gr raw cacao powder
85 gr lightly salted softened butter
75 gr pecan halves
50 gr molasses
2 eggs, beaten
zest of 1/2 orange
1. Preheat your oven on 180°C ( 350 F ) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature.
2. Roast your pecan nuts in a dry pan on low-heat until your pecans turn brown on all sides & your house will smell amazing! Lower the heat if you need to! Watch them closely! Turn heat off & remove the pan. Place your pecans on a chopping board & cut up.
3. Take a large bowl & add sugar, molasses & orange zest. Mix & add beaten eggs. Whisk it all together until foamy!
4. Now, add softened butter & mix well. Take a sieve & place it above the bowl. Sift cacao powder & self-rising flour! Mix gently! Finally, fold in the chopped pecans.
5. Make the dough. Take your kitchen counter & scatter some flour over it. Place your sticky dough on here, flour your hands & rolling-pin too! Divide your dough into long rolls. Flatten them a bit with your hand palms. Place the longer rolls on 2 clean Silpats or on baking sheets on 2 oven racks & bake for about 20 minutes in the hot oven. Now, take them out & let them cool down for about 10 minutes on the Silpats or on the baking sheets. Place the rolls on a chopping board & cut into 0.5 cm to 1 cm thick slices. Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool down completely! Enjoy with a god café latte or some nice tea! xxx
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!! Get my free E-book: Healthy Vegan christmas too!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂