Yesterday evening, I invented this beautifully combined dinner! I made spiced chicken meatballs & served them with black peppered & oregano cooked quinoa & a veggie & chickpea mash! All of the flavours went so well together! It is easy to make & the spiced chicken meatballs, I made in my beloved food processor! The next day, the meatballs are super tasty, eaten cold,…Ooh yes!
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the spiced chicken meatballs ( 11 sized golf balls! )
320 gr dairy-free gluten-free egg-free organic chicken mince 20 grins of finely milled black pepper
1 + 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, ground into a pestle & mortar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & cut up
3 spring onions, cleaned, cut up into smaller rounds, white & green parts
1 red chili pepper, seeds kept &used, cut into smaller pieces
* For the pepper oregano quinoa:
1 part of quinoa, enough for 2 persons
2 parts of cold water
5 grins of finely milled black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
* For the mixed veggie-chickpea mix:
2 medium yellow courgettes, cleaned, cut up into rounds & each round into 2 or 4
1 red bell pepper, deseeded & white parts cut out, cut up into strips
6 yellow cherry tomatoes
6 red cherry tomatoes
1/2 can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained well, rubbed dry in a towel
Maldon sea salt
dried oregano, to your liking
1. Cook your quinoa & add black pepper & dried oregano. Cook for about 12 minutes. When ready, put the lid back on & let it sit for another 5 to 10 minutes. Then, fluff it up with a fork.
2. Now, make your spiced chicken meatballs. Take your food processor & add garlic, spring onion, chili pepper, chicken mince, black pepper & already 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt. Pulse until it all comes together, but you must see several bits in the mince, you need that! Smell to see if you need more spicing. I added 1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt. With clean hands, rolls into balls, the size of a golf ball! Set aside.
3. In the meantime, fry your veggies in a hot large non-stick pan in a fruity evoo until al dente, cooked through & browned on all sides. Now, add chickpeas & stir around. The chickpeas must get hot & finally, add mixed cherry tomatoes, in the last 5 minutes. Season with black pepper, oregano & some sea salt. Add how much you like but you do not want the veggies to overpower the meatball flavour!!!! Serve at once & enjoy with a loved one!😉 Yum yum yum, I assure you!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 900 followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me now on Facebook too!