I made this tasty simple Vegan, Gluten-Free curry this evening. I had to use up some fresh veggies from my fridge & some things in my pantry! I created this tasty curry & it looked like this:
To Curry or Not? That is the question
Recipe: For 4 big portions
* For the cooked spiced Thai rice:
250 gr semi-brown Thai rice, that need 10 minutes of cooking
1/8 teaspoon garam masala
* For the curry:
1 medium white onion, peeled & finely cut up
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned, seeds & white bits removed, cut into smaller strips
1/3 Chinese cabbage, cleaned, washed, spun dry & cut up into smaller chunks
4 big large carrots, peeled & cut into thicker rounds
1 tablespoon spiced curry powder
2 teaspoons garam masala
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground Curcuma ( turmeric)
a fruity evoo
1 x 400 gr can of chopped up tomatoes in their juice
300 ml vegan, gluten-free coconut milk
Maldon sea salt
* For the dried smaller soy curls:
1 cup of dried smaller soy curls
2 cups of a hot vegan, gluten-free vegetable stock
8 grins of black pepper
* To serve: 1/2 handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. First, soak your dried smaller curls into your hot vegetable stock for 10 minutes. Place a fitted lid on & set aside to soak & rehydrate. After that, drain the liquid, but keep the liquid to use for a soup or so. Squeeze the juices out of each soy curl. Set aside. At the same time, cook your round carrot rounds in some boiling water , added with 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala,…so you will end up with carrots with an added kick!😉 Drain well & keep warm. I cooked mine for 10 minutes until just al dente!!!
2. Cook your Thai rice according to your packet instructions. Add 1/8 teaspoon of garam masala. Drain well & keep warm. In the meantime, heat up a large cooking pot & add 1 tablespoon of that fruity evoo. When hot, add onion, garlic pieces & 1 teaspoon of ground Curcuma ( turmeric) & place fitted lid on & fry for a few minutes. Now, add yellow pepper strips, Chinese cabbage chunks & 2 teaspoons of garam masala. Fry for about 4 minutes & now, add 2 splashes of hot water to the pot & place the lid back on! Steam for 5 extra few minutes & add 1 tablespoon of hot curry powder. Stir often. Add about 10 grins of finely milled black pepper & some sea salt too. Add the can of chopped tomatoes & stir everything round into the pot. Add soaked & drained soy curls through the sauce. Simmer the sauce for about 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, letting the sauce reduce a bit! Now, add your cooked carrots & your coconut milk & swirl everything round into the pot. Taste! It has to taste fabulous! I seasoned extra with a bit of sea salt & about 15 grins of black pepper!! You must taste each of the veggies, the warm soothing creamy coconut milk & at the edge of your tongue, the warm spices,…Ooooh yeahhhh!
3. Serve instantly by spooning your rice into 2 bowls & add veggie-curry-mix besides & on top of the rice. Scatter your fresh coriander leaves over the top & in the middle of each dish & devour instantly, enjoying another tasty dish from Sophie’s Foodie Files & be proud of yourself, you cooked another healthy meal! :)
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 910 followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too!
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: