This lovely healthy dinner was invented by my dad! All of the flavours go wonderfully together,…It looks yummy, hey? You can make this vegetarian by serving this with vegetarian sausages or seitan instead of the spiced turkey bites! 😉 Enjoy! xxx
Recipe: For 2 tasty dinners!
* For the spiced Gluten-free turkey bites:
Gluten-free spiced turkey pieces
a fruity evoo
some sea salt
* For the stuffed Portobello & for the spinach:
2 large Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, big stalks removed & cut up into smaller pieces
a bag of 300 gr spinach leaves, cleaned, washed, spun dry & big stalks removed
1 ball of fresh Buffalo mozzarella, well-drained & pad dry on kitchen paper, cut up into smaller slices
fresh black pepper
a few pinches of Maldon sea salt
a few pinches of smoked paprika, the mild version
* For the sautéed carrots with leeks:
2 thin young leeks, each leek cut into 2, well rinsed under cold water, well-drained, pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into smaller rounds, white & green parts
4 thick carrots, peel removed, each carrot, cut into smaller rounds
a fruity evoo
Maldon sea salt
2 smaller shalots, peeled & finely cut up
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
1. First, take a larger cooking pot & heat up on medium-high. Pour some of that fruity evoo in it & heat up. When hot, add shalot & garlic pieces & fry for a few minutes until softer. Then, add chopped up leeks, mushroom bits & shallot & fry until tender. Season with black pepper & some Maldon sea salt. Taste! Take out of the pot & keep warm. In the same pot, heat up some more oil. When hot, add carrot pieces & fry until tender & just cooked through, with the lid on. This can take about 10 minutes or so. Put the fried leeks, shalot & garlic pieces back to the carrot pot & mix well. At the same time, take a large non-stick pan & heat up on high. When hot, add some evoo. Fry your Portobello mushrooms on both sides into the hot oil. Season with black pepper. When fried on both sides, lower the heat & add a splash or 2 of hot water to the pan. Directly put on the fitted lid, watch out that you don’t burn yourself here! 😉 On lower heat, about 5 to 8 minutes later, check with a fork, if your Portobello are cooked through. Now, season with some sea salt. Set aside & keep warm.
2. When the mushrooms are frying, fry your spiced turkey bites on some hot evoo until cooked through & fried on all sides. Season with some black pepper & a pinch of sea salt. Keep warm. In the meantime, steam your spinach. In the end, season with some black pepper & some sea salt. Keep warm!
3. Fill your Portobello with the warm spinach & top with 2 or 3 sliced of the buffalo mozzarella. Add a few pinches of smoked paprika & place them back into the hot pan & put the lid on. Place the pan on low heat, just to let the mozzarella melt.
4. Serve at once, just like picture above & devour instantly with a loved one!!! 🙂 Enjoy!! MMM! Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free!
You might like: