I just made home-made raw brazil nut milk. This is how I made it! Easy peasy with My Vitamix & then, I strained it through my nut milk bag! I didn’t sweeten my milk because I like the soft creamy taste of home-made brazil nut milk! You always can sweeten it later in other recipes!
What is brazil nut milk?
This is a non-dairy, gluten-free milk, obtained from raw or soaked brazil nuts, drained & well-rinsed too, 3 or 4 cups water added. You can add whatever you want with it. You can add vanilla extract, cacao powder or another sweetener like pitted dates, to keep it raw or maple syrup or agave syrup.
Mostly, people on the internet use 1 cup of nuts & 4 cups of filtered water. You choose what you like! You can add more water if you like but I love using 4 cups of water because you will end up with a lovely white nut milk, just like a milk consistency.
Most of the time, they tell you to soak your nuts at night or at least 8 to 12 hours in water in the fridge. Why? The nuts become less raw & they are easily digested in the stomach. When these nuts are soaked, then well-drained & rinsed, they become more useful to use in raw vegan cheesecakes, in dressings or in salads, in baked desserts, in muffins or in bread. Or you can make your own vegan cheese or spread.
1 cup of raw brazil nuts, soaked in water for about 8 to 72 hours/ Mine were soaked 1 night/How to soak your nuts or seeds? When you soak your nuts, place them in a bowl & pour water all over it, until they are all covered up. Place a lid on & place into the fridge for at least 1 night or at least 8 hours. You will see that your nuts will be swollen & are puffed up. (I made all my nut milks with nuts that soaked for 1 night & they tasted much better then soaking for 3 nights! )
4 cups of filtered water
1. First, drain your soaked brazil nuts well & rinse them too. Discard the water.
2. Take a good power blender, aka Vitamix or Blendtech & add soaked nuts & 4 cups of water. Using the Tamper, push the liquid & soaked nuts into the running blades to make everything completely smooth. Blend on full speed on high power!!!You can pour this tasty brazil nut milk into a glass container & enjoy it straight away but I chose to drain the nut milk, by using my beloved nut milk bag!
3. Place a nut milk bag over a large fitting pot & pour the thicker nut milk into it & directly close the bag with the string. Squeeze & squeeze until all the liquid is out of the nut milk bag. Strain again & you will end up with a beautiful white unsweetened home-made brazil nut milk: a thing of beauty!!!
4. Pour the milk into a clean bottle & put the lid on. Now, it is ready. Keep the brazil nut pulp & place it into a fitting pot with lid. Place into the fridge for later use.
Home-made nut milk will keep in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days. When your bottle has been a while in the fridge, you will see separation of the finer brazil parts & the milk. Just shake the bottle well before using it! Enjoy!
How to enjoy?
1. This is a fine drink on its own
2. Pour over cereals or muesli, for added nut flavour & added nut goodness, for added nutrition! 😉
3. Add a bit of it to your yoghurt : lovely!
4. Make a dessert with it.
5. Make smoothies with it.
6. Use it in tea or coffee.
7. This is also great used in cakes, muffins & in breads for a more added nut flavour
8. You can use the pulp in banana breads, cakes or muffins like these Yummy Healthy Vegan pear & cashew nut pulp muffins! Just use the brazil nut pulp instead of the cashew nut pulp!
A tasty recipe using home-made brazil nut milk! 🙂 Vegan, Gluten-Free Almond butter maca brazil nut milk chia smoothies!!!!
Recipe: For 2 persons or for 1 hungry person = 800 ml
500 ml of your favourite plant-based milk, I used unsweetened home-made brazil nut milk!!!
6 tablespoons pure salted roasted almond butter = 3/8 cup
1 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon maca powder = Raw Maca Power is a superfood. Maca is a herbaceous plant native to the high Andean Mountains of Bolivia and Peru. It is one of the only food plants in the world able to thrive at such a high altitude. Maca, and more specifically the root of the plant, has a long history as a superfood. The maca root was prized throughout the Incan empire for its adaptogenic-like qualities that enable it 1/ to nourish and balance the body’s delicate endocrine system, 2/ and to help cope with stress. 3/ It also energizes naturally, without the jitters and crashes of caffeine, 4/ and it can aid in reproductive function, 5/ helping to balance hormones and 6/ increase fertility. 7/ It is good for your libido. 8/ It also has a lot of vitamins in it, like vitamines B1, B2 & C.
So, start using it & add it to your daily smoothies or vegetable smoothies. I add 1 tablespoon per time. You don’t taste it in my smoothy,….
1. Place every ingredient in this order in your Vitamix or blender. Put the tamper in your fitted lid & blend on full power for at least 30 to 60 seconds, while pushing the ingredients into the running blades. Pour into a lovely tall smoothy glass or glasses & enjoy instantly alone or with a loved one! Enjoy, my lovely friends! 🙂
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: