60 gr wholemeal spelt flour
60 gr normal flour
120 gr of salted butter
135 gr of raw, Demerara sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
220 gr of fresh mixed berries ( I used a mix from raspberries & black berries )
1 large organic egg, beaten
1. Take a cooking pot & put butter & sugar in it. Let it melt on medium heat. Stir often. Do not let the butter & sugar burn! Set aside to cool down.
2. Preheat the oven to 175°C. ( 347 F) for about 10 minutes.
3. Take your fitting bowl from your Kenwood & place K-paddle in. Add 2 types of flours & baking powder. Mix.
4. When butter & sugar mixture has cooled down, add that to the bowl. Mix well. Add beaten egg. Mix well.
5. Now, add the fruit. Mix so that all the fruit is mashed into the cake dough. It will turn purple in colour.
6. Pour the dough into a silicon cake tin. When you use silicon materials, you don’t have to grease the tins. If you don’t have those, you will have to grease the baking tin.
7. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. If you use only white flour, you will need only 20 minutes in the oven.
8. When you think your cake is ready, test with a pin. Take it out of the oven & leave the cake for about 5 to 10 minutes in the silicon baking tin. This will also give a shine to your cake! Place on a wire rack. After 5 minutes, carefully take the cake out & place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
Enjoy, my lovely ones! 😉
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂