Spelt has 30% more protein than whole meal flour. So, it is good for you! These breakfast muffins contain wholemeal spelt flour, baking powder, 3 very ripe bananas, coconut milk, shredded unsweetened coconut, canola oil, cane sugar, cinnamon & vanilla extract. These are yummy moist muffins.When I eat one, I am not hungry for 3 + 1/2 hours! So these vegan breakfast muffins are an ideal tasty wholesome breakfast! 🙂 Recipe: For 13 + 1/2 large muffins
180 gr wholemeal spelt flour
3 large very ripe bananas, peeled & finely mashed with a fork
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract ( I use home-made vanilla extract )
80 ml of canola oil
240 ml of coconut milk
150 gr of shredded unsweetened coconut
100 gr of raw, cane sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C ( 374 F) for about 10 minutes.
2. Take a large bowl & add the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder. Mix well.
3. In another bowl add mashed up bananas, coconut milk, canola oil, vanilla & sugar. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add to bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until just joined.
5. Fold in the shredded unsweetened coconut. I use flower pattern silicon baking mats, so I don’t have to grease my filling holes. Fill for 3/4 & place onto a baking sheet in the center of the oven & bake for about 20 minutes until golden & cooked trough. Test with a sewing pin. Take out of oven & place silicon mats on a wire rack to cool down a bit. Leave the muffins inside the silicon mats for about 5 minutes, then take them out & turn them over so that the top of your muffin looks as a flower pattern. Place them on a wire rack to cool down completely. The flower muffins will shine a bit on top. That is typical for silicon baking.
6. When cool, store in a cookie box. Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free!