Spelt has 30% more protein than whole meal flour. So, it is good for you! These breakfast muffins contain wholemeal spelt flour, baking powder, 3 very ripe bananas, coconut milk, shredded unsweetened coconut, canola oil, cane sugar, cinnamon & vanilla extract. These are yummy moist muffins.When I eat one, I am not hungry for 3 + 1/2 hours! So these vegan breakfast muffins are an ideal tasty wholesome breakfast! 🙂 Recipe: For 13 + 1/2 large muffins
180 gr wholemeal spelt flour
3 large very ripe bananas, peeled & finely mashed with a fork
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract ( I use home-made vanilla extract )
80 ml of canola oil
240 ml of coconut milk
150 gr of shredded unsweetened coconut
100 gr of raw, cane sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C ( 374 F) for about 10 minutes.
2. Take a large bowl & add the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder. Mix well.
3. In another bowl add mashed up bananas, coconut milk, canola oil, vanilla & sugar. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add to bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until just joined.
5. Fold in the shredded unsweetened coconut. I use flower pattern silicon baking mats, so I don’t have to grease my filling holes. Fill for 3/4 & place onto a baking sheet in the center of the oven & bake for about 20 minutes until golden & cooked trough. Test with a sewing pin. Take out of oven & place silicon mats on a wire rack to cool down a bit. Leave the muffins inside the silicon mats for about 5 minutes, then take them out & turn them over so that the top of your muffin looks as a flower pattern. Place them on a wire rack to cool down completely. The flower muffins will shine a bit on top. That is typical for silicon baking.
6. When cool, store in a cookie box.
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂