Go on, make them now,…
Recipe: For 5 burgers, each 5 to 7 cm long
** For the burgers:
550 gr peeled parsnips, cut into bite sized chunks ( weighted when peeled & cut into chunks )
1 red large onion, peeled & cut into finely sliced wedges
garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
ground cumin: 1 teaspoon
red-hot curry powder, I use Sharwoods: 2 teaspoons & 2/4 teaspoon
finely milled black pepper: 15 grins
Maldon sea salt: 1 teaspoon
smoked tofu, 110 gr, well-drained & pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into thinner strips & then crosswise into bite sized chunks
Panko breadcrumbs: 50 gr!
vegan butter to fry
** For the caramelized red onions:
2 red onions, peeled & cut into fine wedges
Maldon sea salt
** For the rest:
vegan hamburger buns
1. Cook your parsnip chunks in boiling water until cooked through. It took me 10 minutes. Drain & mash well.
2. Fry your red onion wedges in some vegan butter for 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of hot curry powder & add the ground cumin too. Add sea salt & 5 grins of finely milled black pepper. Stir often. Fry until cooked through & tender. Add this to the mashed parsnips. Taste!
3. Add some vegan butter & let it melt on higher heat. Add smoked tofu strips & add 1 teaspoon of hot curry powder. Stir often. Fry until golden on all sides. Add to the mash. Taste! Add 1 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt. Mix through the mash. Taste! Add another 10 grins of finely milled black pepper. Mix with a spoon & taste again. I added an extra 2/4 teaspoons of the hot curry powder. Mix well. It was ooh so tasty. You can taste the spiced curry in your throat & you can still taste the sweeter parsnip. Add 50 gr of Panko breadcrumbs & mix well. Shape 5 patties aka burgers out of them with wet hands. Lay them onto plates & place cling film over them. Place them in the fridge to stiff up a bit for at least 4 hours.
4. Just before eating, take the plates with the burgers out of the fridge. Remove cling film. Fry them in a really hot pan on both sides in some vegan butter until golden brown on both sides. These burgers are firm in the pan but in your bun, they will soften a bit. In another pan, fry your red onions until browned & cooked through for about 10 minutes. Season with black pepper & Maldon sea salt. Set aside & keep warm.
5. Now, plate up. Grab your vegan burger buns & cut them open. Smear some veganaise on your bottom bun. Top with a juicy hot burger & top that with the fried red onions. Smear tomato ketchup on your top inside bun & close your tasty bun! Enjoy it twice! I served 2 burgers per person! Happy Times!
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the photo link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,800 email Subscribers! It is free! Get my E-Book: Healthy Vegan Christmas here too! 🙂
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂