MMM! All vegan!
Recently, I discovered pointed cabbage. In Dutch, we call it: spitskool.
You can click onto this useful link & see how you can use it, pointed cabbage. Pointed, hearted or sweetheart cabbage as it is sometimes known is a type of green cabbage with green leaves and a pointed head. The leaves are more open than those of a green cabbage and they have a softer texture and sweeter taste. When buying pointed cabbage look for crisp, bright looking leaves and avoid any that are wilting, yellowing or have discoloured patches or holes.
Recipe: For 2 persons
1 large white onion, peeled & finely diced
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled & finely diced
2 sweeter apples, peeled, cored & diced into little pieces, about 1cm x 1 cm
450 gr of cleaned pointed cabbage, the nerve cut out & cut into smaller long strips about 0.5 cm thick
EVOO, a fruity one
1 tablespoon of mild curry powder, I use Sharwood’s
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
2 tablespoons of dark raisins
To Serve: 2 tablespoons of finely cut pecans/ I served this tasty dinner with boiled potatoes & baked Vegan Gluten-free cutlets
1. Take your wok & add some EVOO. Using kitchen paper, smear the oil all over the wok. Heat on a medium heat. When hot, add the diced onion & garlic. Stir fry for about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the ginger & curry powder. Add a bit of EVOO, if necessary. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
3. Now, add the diced apple & raisins & stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes. Sometimes, I put the lid on the wok to capture the heat, during a few minutes.
4. Add the shredded cabbage & stir fry for about 2 to 5 minutes until the cabbage has been wilted but still has a crunch. It mustn’t be raw but just right. Finally, when everything is nearly ready, add som sea salt all over the dish. Taste! It has to taste fab! Stir everything round & check the cabbage one last time.
5. Take your plate & serve a good serving on your plate. Sprinkle some of the cut up pecans over the cabbage stir fry & enjoy with some boiled potatoes & a good vegan burger.
MMM,…♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
Comments are closed.