Yesterday afternoon, I made home-made vanilla almond milk,…yeah! I also made lovely smoothies with it! Check it all out here! Easy does it here! I used my beloved Vitamix again!
Make them right now! You won’t be disappointed! 😉
Recipe: For Home-made vanilla almond milk= for 3/4 liter= 750 ml
What is vanilla almond milk?
This is a non-dairy, gluten-free & vegan milk, obtained from raw or soaked almond nuts, drained & well rinsed too, 4 cups of water are added. You can add whatever you want with it. You can add vanilla extract, vanilla paste, carob powder, cacao powder or another sweetener like maple syrup, agave syrup or to keep it raw: pitted dates.
Mostly, people on the internet use 1 cup of nuts & 4 cups of water. This time, I only added 3 cups of water instead of the usual 4 cups, for a more creamer milk, a bit thicker too.
Most of the time, they tell you to soak your nuts , just add water until the nuts all completely covered by the water, soak them for at least at night or at least 8 to 72 hours in water in the fridge. Why? The nuts become less raw & they are easily digested in the stomach. When these nuts are soaked, then well-drained & rinsed, they become more useful to use in raw vegan cheesecakes, in baked desserts, in muffins or in bread. Or you can make your own vegan cheese or spread.
a good power blender, like Vitamix & Blendtech or so,…
a large bowl to keep the strained milk in when you are using your nut milk bag
a fine nut milk bag or a cheesecloth
a clean bottle with a fitting lid
How to enjoy?
1. This is a fine drink on its own
2. Pour over cereals or muesli
3. Add a bit of it to your yoghurt : lovely!
4. Make a dessert with it.
5. Make smoothies with it
6. Use it in tea or coffee
7. This is also great used in cakes, muffins & in breads for a more added nut flavour
8. You can use the sweetened or not-sweetened pulp in muffins, cakes, into breads like in banana breads / More recipes on this later/ I am testing recipes on the moment.
1 cup of whole almonds, soaked for at least 8 hours or longer. Then well-rinsed & drained.
1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla paste = this is a lot of vanilla seeds mixed together into a paste.
1 tablespoon of pure organic maple syrup or 1 to 2 dates, according how sweet you want your milk to be!
3 cups of water
1. Put your 3 cups of water, soaked almonds, vanilla paste & maple syrup in this order in your Vitamix. Blend on full power, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the running blades. Blend on full powder for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. This is vanilla almond milk with the pulp in it. You also can drink it like this, with bits of nuts floating around. Sometimes, I don’t strain my nut milk, but this time, I did.
2. Then, I strained the almond milk using my nut milk bag. I placed my nut bag into a larger bowl. Then, poured the liquid mix into the bag. Close the bag with the added string & squeeze & squeeze until all the juice is out of your nut milk bag & until you end up with only the pulp in the bag & all the liquid into the pot. I had about 3 cups of vanilla almond milk. Pour the almond milk in a clean bottle with fitting lid & enjoy instantly or place into the fridge. After being in the fridge, you will see separation of the liquid into the bottle. Just shake the bottle well, before using the milk. This tasty almond vanilla nut milk will keep in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.
Place the leftover nut pulp in a pot with fitting lid & place into the fridge for later use in cookies, smoothies, banana breads & muffins! Here is a tasty link, when I made cashew milk & used the pulp in home-made vegan pear & cashew nut pulp spelt muffins!
Here is a tasty link using the vanilla almond milk nut pulp into tasty banana, vanilla almond milk & vanilla almond nut pulp ice-popsicles!
NB: See pictures below for more explanation, this is for all nutmilks so! Your almond milk will be a bit darker in colour because of the added vanilla paste & maple syrup! 🙂
This tasty almond vanilla nut milk will keep in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days with fitted lid on the bottle. After being in the fridge, you will see separation of the liquid into the bottle. Just shake the bottle well, before using the milk. Enjoy!
1 cup coconut water
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk. I use home-made, see on how to make this above!
1 large big frozen banana, broken into 2
1 tablespoon + 1/2 tablespoon carob powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon maca powder
1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Put every ingredient in this order in your Vitamix & blend on full power with the tamper in the fitted lid to push the ingredients into the running blades. Blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour instantly in fancy see through glasses & enjoy with 2 loved ones! 😉 ♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!