Yesterday, I made these lovely Asian inspired salmon oat burgers. I also made them egg-free. They are really filling because of the veggies, salmon & medium whole oats!! You can make these beauties Gluten-Free, if you use Gluten-Free oats! They are sticky when your form them into patties but they will firm up in the fridge. I made them easy peasy in my food processor! 😉 Check them out!
Recipe: For 3 normal sized salmon burgers
* For the Asian -salmon-oat-burgers:
180 gr fresh salmon, no skin, bones removed, cut up into bite-sized pieces with a sharp knife
1 cup + 1/2 cup medium-sized whole oats, You can make these beauties Gluten-Free, if you use Gluten-Free oats!
1 piece of 4 cm x 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled & cut up roughly
1 medium red-hot chili pepper, seeds removed, cut into thicker slices
3 fat spring onions ( scallions ), cleaned, bottoms cut off & cut into smaller rings
1/2 yellow bell pepper ( paprika ), seeds & white bits removed, cut up into blocks
Maldon sea salt
a fruity evoo to fry your burgers in
* To serve: little Gem lettuce leaves + a spring onion, lime yoghurt dressing:
2 little Gem lettuce leaves, cleaned, bottom cut off, leaves used
* For the spring onion, lime & unsweetened yoghurt dressing:
7 tablespoons unsweetened soy yoghurt
juice of 1/4 lime
finely milled black pepper: 10 grins
Maldon sea salt: a few grins
2 spring onions, cleaned, white & green parts used, finely minced into rings
You will have to maken these tasty burgers at least 1 to 2 hours before dinner!
1. Take your food processor & add every ingredient in it. I added for starters, 12 grins of finely milled black pepper & 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Blitz until it is to your liking. I added 1/2 teaspoon sea salt extra & 14 grins of black pepper extra. Blitz again. Taste! It has to taste mild in the beginning but then, you must taste the ginger & an added kick from the chili pepper. You can add more chili pepper if you want or more oats, for a firmer pattie. I didn’t bother! With wet hands, I shaped 3 burgers aka patties, they sticked to my hands a bit & placed them onto a clean plate. Place cling film over it & placed them into the fridge to stiffen up a bit, for at least 1 to 2 hours.
2. Make your tasty unsweetened yoghurt-lime-spring onion dressing by combining these ingredients together in a smaller bowl & taste! It has to taste yoghurt lile with a hint of lime. You can taste the finely minced spring onions too. MMM!
3. Just before serving dinner, take your burgers out of the fridge. They still stick a bit but reshape them a bit if you need to. Fry them in a bottom of hot fruity oil, in a hot non-stick pan on medium high heat onto both sides until fried & browned. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes per side or less. Place them onto a clean plate , layed with double kitchen paper to dip off the excess of oil on the burgers!! Serve in a bun with mixed salad leaves or like me, on a plate with a side salad & a lovely unsweetened spring onion-lime-yoghurt dressing! Enjoy those yummy flavours in your burger! 😉
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like: