Today, I invented this soothing, smooth & festive green courgettes & spinach soup. I received a whole bunch of fresh organic spinach from my father’s garden. So, I had to use it!
I joined the spinach with green courgettes, garlic, a red onion, a potato to thicken, garam masala, garlic powder & a vegan & gluten-free vegetable stock. I didn’t sweat my veggies. I pureed them all in my Vitamix. Finally, I added the hot vegetable stock, mixed for a bit & poured the soup into a larger cooking pot & heated the soup up for a few minutes on medium low fire. Instead of croutons, I thought that smoked tofu would go well with the garam masala in the soup & I was right! This is a festive soup, great for entertaining & the Vitamix makes the soup very smooth!
This soup is vegan & gluten-free! Yeah!
Yum yum yum,…
Recipe: For about 6 persons, 1 big bowl
1 large potato, peeled & cut into 2
1 large red onion, peeled & cut into 2
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & cut roughly into chunks
200 gr of fresh, washed, cleaned & spun dry spinach leaves, big stalks removed
480 gr green young courgettes, washed, cleaned, skin kept on! pad dry on kitchen paper, cut into 4/ If you have larger courgettes, remove the seeds!!!
1 + 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt flakes
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, finely grinned
1 liter vegan & gluten-free vegetable stock
200 gr of vegan & gluten-free organic smoked tofu, drained, pad dry on kitchen paper & cut into 0.5 cm chunks with a sharp knife/ I use Provamel = Gluten-free! ( Bioplanet )
1. In your Vitamix, add the potato pieces, the onion & green courgettes pieces. Place the fitting lid on & place the tamper in it. Turn the machine on low-speed from 1 & then turn to 10 & click onto high power. With the tamper, push everything down & to the left & to the right until everything comes together & is finely mixed. It only took 1 minute! Turn high power off, lower the speed from 10 to 1 & turn the machine off. Pour the greenish mix into a larger cooking pot.
2. Now, place all the spinach leaves into your Vitamix. Pour the hot vegetable stock into your Vitamix. Be careful, the stock is hot!!! I placed the fitting lid on & the tamper in it. Turn the machine on variable speed & go from 1 to 10 & turn on high! Blend for 1 minute or so until the spinach is finely mixed into the hot stock & use the tamper to push it all down. Turn high power off, lower the speed from 10 to 1 & turn the machine off. Pour this stuff into the rest of the greenish soup mix. Whisk everything together & heat up on medium low or until your liking. Now, add 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, the garlic powder, the sea salt, black pepper. Whisk well & taste! I added an extra 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala to the soup for extra added flavour. I used 1 + 1/2 teaspoon in total!
3. In the meantime, heat a medium pan on high heat. Add a knob of vegan butter & let it melt. Add the chunks of smoked tofu & fry until crispy & browned on all sides. Season with Maldon sea salt & finely grinned black pepper. Taste!
4. Laddle your soup in soup bowls & divide your smoked tofu croutons over the top, in the middle of your soup. Happy Eating!
A while ago & just a few days ago, I received a lot of blog awards & I am so happy that I have all received them! 🙂 Awards make me smile,…a lot! A while ago, I loved receiving them but I didn’t blog about them anymore because there is only so much you can say about yourself,…But Now, I am blogging again about them! I will divide my received awards into 2 blog posts otherwise this blog post is way too long, okay?
** I received these 3 glorious & special awards from my friend, Chef Doru. Chef Doru is a lovely guy that lives somewhere in Canada. He loves to cook & eat,…which blogger doesn’t?
These 3 awards are:
Thanks so much, dear Chef Doru! I must now say 7 things about me! Well, here goes,…
1. I am an only child. I don’t really miss brother’s or sister’s because when I was a kid, I grew up with a lot of neighbour’s kids , my age. We played a lot & sometimes, did naughty things!
2. Since june 2006, I am a chronic pain patient. I have chronic pain in my right leg & in both my arms. I am in pain all day long, that’s why I don’t work anymore for the moment because it isn’t possible. Now, I do 7 hours/week voluntary work in a nearby Home For the Elderly & I am loving it. It is the most I can do & I enjoy it thoroughly! I hope I can learn to live more comfortably with my chronic pain, in the future!!!
3. I love cooking & baking on some good music. I can cook on different kinds of music. I adore Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park but also can enjoy Angie Stone, Joss Stone, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers , Jay-Z , John Legend & excellent jazz, like Jamie Cullum, Diana Krall, hip hop, R&B, all types,….and my favourite band of all time is N*E*R*D!!!!
4. My favourite colours are mild red & yellow!
5. I love baking all sort of different cookies. I have more than 120 cookie cutters. I bought 100 of them once in Salisbury, Uk in a cookery shop, when I was there on holiday. When I am visiting a food or cookery shop, I am always on the look-out for new special cookie cutters that I don’t have yet. My favourites of this moment are: captain hook with a wooden leg & no arm, a clown’s head & a knight on his horse!
6. I am always thinking about food & thinking what I will be making for supper or the day after & the day after that,…Sometimes, I drives my husband crazy! I am inspired by everything & everyone!
7. I inherited my cooking skills from my late paternal grandmother. I cooked & baked with her when I was little. She also had a large veggies & flower garden. I am a lot like her in different ways. She was my moemoe, my inspiration in all things in life.
Now, I want to give these 3 lovely awards to the following blogs, in random order!
1. Chic Organic mama, because she has become a new friend that loves to cook for her family. She mostly cooks organic. All of her dishes are easy to do & very tasty too!
2. Fae @ Fae-magazine, she is a very lovely woman who originates from Tehran, Iran & now lives in the USA. She writes her lovely blog with tons of enthusiasm & I love all of her recipes! Her blog is all about the magazine of a Storyteller… articles about world cultures, travel, and recipes with a twist and tango ♪ ♪ She so deserves it! 🙂
3. Koko @ Koko’s Kitchen, she lives near Vancouver, Canada! I give these awards to her because she has been my blogging friend since the beginning of my blog & all of her recipes are amazing!!! She is a vegetarian but does eat seafood. She makes a lot of vegan & raw recipes! She also loves to travel, … a lot! 😉
4. Laura @ Laura’s mess. She is a blogger who lives in beautiful Australia. She loves to make gorgeous & appetizing recipes in her kitchen & her pictures are always mouth-watering & beautiful! I love her tasty recipes too! 🙂
5. Rhonda@ The Thankful Heart, She lives in the USA. She blogs about good food, food memoirs, her family & good books & friends. She is a teacher & enjoy life to the fullest & her recipes are always winners! She has become a true friend!
6. Katarina @ Hovkonditorn. She is a Finn, living now, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. She has lived all over the world & loves to cook but especially bakes to her heart content! She makes beautiful, bright & appetizing pics of her fabulous dishes. I make a lot of her tasty recipes because she makes everything, I love to savour! 😉
7. Angie @ Angies Recipes! She lives in Germany & she cooks, bakes & takes fabulous pictures!! She also gives us a lot of cooking tips! She makes incredibly tasty foods that I’ll want to try & make myself!
** Then, I received this lovely award from my dear friend, Amber who cooks at this lovely blog: The Cooks Sister! She is a lovely woman, a student that cooks & bakes on a student’s budget but she cooks really tasty & apart too! 🙂 I love all of her recipes! She lives in Waterloo, Canada! 🙂
It is the Liebster award!!! Yeah! I have questions from Amber that I need to answer.
1. What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?
I am positive, realistic & happy most of the time
2. Do you have a blogging mentor who has made a huge difference along the way?
3. What inspires you to continue writing your blog?
Everyone in my life, family, friends, neighbours, etc.
4. What is your favourite family recipe?
My mom’s recipes, like her famous chocolate mousse, her pork roast with mushrooms in a soy cream sauce, served with croquettes & apple slices filled with cranberry relish & braised witlof.
5. Which of your own blog posts are you most proud of?
All of them. My readers favourites , my top posts are at the moment : Home-made vegan cashew milk in my Vitamix & vegan refreshing vanilla cashew strawberry smoothies,
6. What is your favourite type of food?
A homer-made vegan, vegetarian or meat burger with spiced sweet potato fries & a lovely salad with tasty toppings like this tasty burger: Eggless pork & veal sage burgers, served with a balsamic red onions & caper relish!
Blogging, biking, walking, travelling, exploring new foods & new drinks, going to Michelin starred restaurants, new coffee bars, working in my garden, going to museums, going to exhibitions,…
8. Where would you most like to go for your dream vacation & why?
Australia, because when I was younger, I was a big fan of Midnight Oil! I love the Australian take on food, on culture, on drinks, on nature, the lovely weather, the dry inner land, I would be travelling all over Australia! I think, I would never leave,…Visiting my fab blogger friends,…
9. What is your favourite genre of music?
I love nearly everything but no schlager music or house, thank you! I love N*E*R*D, Jay-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Joss Stone, Jamie Cullum, Metallica, Pixies,…
10. If someone made a film about your life, who would you want to play you?
Normally, I must give this award to a blogger who has less than 200 followers, but I will give it to the bloggers that I feel so deserve it! I must give them my own questions to answer! 🙂
I ask these 10 questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite food memory?
3. What is your favourite food restaurant & why?
4. Who influenced your style of cooking?
5. What is your favourite food dish, on your blog or not & why?
6. What is your favourite colour?
7. What do you prefer: cooking or baking?
8. What is the most lovely & cool cookie cutter you have in your possession?
9. What is your favourite food destination in the world & why?
10. On what kind of music do you cook on?
I will give this award, in random order to:
That’s it, folks! I will tell you about my other received awards later in blog posts. I hope you enjoy the soup & that will you enjoy reading these blogs that I have mentioned! See you all later,…♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂