Hello , my lovely ones, I am back! If you were wondering, what I have been up to or where I have been, I can tell you, my husband & I had 2 weeks of holiday! Yes, yes, yes! We didn’t go away for a long time, this holiday but we sure had some fun enjoying, relaxing ourselves. We went biking a lot, relaxing in the sun, going to a nice fancy 1 Michelin starred restaurant, called Zur Post, in Sankt-Vith, Belgium.
I didn’t take any pics there because I tend to enjoy my gourmet dinners without worrying about my blog, etc,.. It was the best gourmet restaurant that I visited in a while,…
Some other pics:
Now, on with the food,… A new tasty recipe, I created just for you all,…It looks quite tasty, no? 😉
This evening, I made this tasty vegetarian dinner! All the flavours go so well together & are combined tastefully & wonderfully too! 🙂 A while ago, I made a lovely dinner with quorn. I think, looking from the reactions I received, that you all loved it as much as I did! It was my Vegetarian spiced stew with quorn & veggies! Just click onto the previous link to go directly to the tasty recipe! 🙂
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For 4 medium quorn burgers:/ We only ate 1 burger per person though because it is that filling!!!!
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & cut up
125 gr quorn/ This is in Belgium: 1/2 package
28 gr of cooked, cold lentils
1/4 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt + a few pinches extra
15 grins of finely milled black pepper
2 teaspoons of a powerful curry powder/ I use Sharwoods!
45 gr red onion, peeled & cut up
1 large egg, beaten loose
1 heaped tablespoon of flour/ To make it GF: use Gluten-free flour!!!!
* For the mixed salad:
2 handfuls of mixed young salad leaves, including rocket leaves too ( arugula )
2 little Gem lettuce, end cut off, leaves kept like that
2 longer big red tomatoes, cleaned, cut up into bigger rounds, see plate above
* For the mayonnaise soy yoghurt dressing:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons unsweetened soy yoghurt
finely milled black pepper
* For the spiced chickpeas & runner beans:
300 gr cleaned uncooked runner beans, top & tail removed, each bean cut into 4 pieces
1/2 red onion, peeled & cut finely
roasted garlic spice
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & well-drained, dept dry with a clean towel
1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon of a good curry powder, the same as above
a fruity evoo
1. A few hours before dinner, make your tasty spiced quorn burgers. They need to firm up a bit in the fridge for at least 2 hours! Take your food processor & add garlic pieces, quorn chunks, cold lentils, red onion pieces, black pepper, sea salt & curry powder & beaten egg. Blitz or pulse until it all comes together. Now, add 1 tablespoon of flour or Gf flour & blitz again! Taste! It has to taste fabulous & powerful. If not, add some seasoning or curry powder extra. With clean hands, form 4 medium burgers aka patties. The burgers are not extremely firm! Place onto a clean plate & place cling-film over the top. Put into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Enjoy & relax a bit! Pour yourself a good glass of wine! ,…:)
2. When you want to make your dinner, cook your beans in some salted water with roasted garlic spice until al dente. Mine took 13 minutes. Drain & keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare your salad dressing. Take a medium bowl & add mayonnaise. Add unsweetened soy yoghurt. Add some seasoning, black pepper & sea salt but not too much salt. Taste! It has to taste very yummy & you must taste the yoghurt in here. It need to be refreshing! Place cling film over the top & keep cool in the fridge.
3. Heat up a medium cooking pot, pour drizzles fruity evoo in it. When hot, add red onion & add 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder. Sautée for a few minutes & when onion pieces are nearly ready, add chickpeas & another 1 teaspoon of curry powder. Add some seasoning & fry for a few minutes on moderate heat. Add some more oil if needed. When ready, add the cooked runner beans to it & heat up. Mingle the chickpeas & beans together with 2 big spoons. Check the seasoning. Meanwhile, fry your burgers in some hot fruity evoo in a non-stick pan. Fry until browned onto 2 sides & the outsides look crispy! Take your 2 white clean plates & plate up, like above. Drizzle your tasty salad dressing over the 2 salads, besides that, you place 4 big tomato rounds, right of that above, the spiced chickpea-runner bean mix & just before you, on the bottom right side, 1 quorn burger. Serve at once & enjoy with a loved one! 🙂 ♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!