Ha, I got your attention now, don’t I? What are you thinking right now?
I love CSI series a lot & my favourites at the moment are CSI Miami & CSI Los Angeles, …ooh yeah! But because this is a foodblog, I chose CSC! CSC stands for Cumin Spiced Carrots! This sounds really good, doesn’t it? I just bought a new pot of ground cumin & I had to use it, right? So, I made this fabulous, tasty & easy side dish! The side dish is Vegan, Gluten-Free & Vegetarian. I served this fabulous roasted spiced side dish with a lovely sweet potato mash with olive oil & fried organic chicken pieces. This is equally tasty with tasty vegan chorizo sausages! MMM,…I assure you! You can savour it while watching your favourite CSI,…! 😉
I used a combo of purple & normal orange carrots here. I am sure you want to make instantly for yourself & your loved one: Success guaranteed! 😉
Recipe: For 2 persons with a lot of hunger!
* For the CSC = Cumin Spiced Carrots:
615 gr purple carrots, peeled & cut into 2 horizontally or into 4 , if they are too thick ( weighted with peel on! )
270 gr normal orange carrots, peeled, cut into 2 or into 4 horizontally, if the carrots are too thick ( weighted with peel on! )
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons of a fruity evoo ( extra virgin olive oil )
8 grins of finely milled black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt
* For the sweet potato mash:
600 gr sweet potatoes, peeled cut into smaller chunks
a fruity evoo, the same as above
finely milled black pepper
some Maldon sea salt
some herbamare salt
* To serve: I fried some organic chicken pieces in some fruity evoo & seasoned them with poultry seasoning on both sides. Fried until golden brown & cooked through. Then, I rested the chicken pieces for 5 minutes & kept them warm.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (400 F ) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature. Place your sliced carrots, all in 1 layer in a large fitted non-stick oven dish. Drizzle your fruity evoo all over the carrots, evenly divided. Scatter your 3 teaspoons of cumin, grins of finely milled black pepper & your sea salt over it all. With clean hands, mingle everything together so that spices & oil have coated each piece of carrot, on all sides. Place into the center of the oven & roast for about 20 minutes until roasted & tender. Check often to prevent burning! Your house will smell amazing!
2. In the meantime, boil sweet potato pieces with some herbamare salt added, until cooked through. Mine took me 13 minutes. Drain well & steam the excess water off for 1 minute or so. Mash & add some grins of finely milled black pepper & some sea salt, but not too much. Drizzle a swirl or 2 of that same fruity evoo all over the potato pieces & mash well or until your liking. I added some extra sea salt & tasted it again. It must taste fab! Serve instantly with your CSC & your fried chicken pieces or vegan chorizo sausages! Happy eating! 😉 MMM,…!!! ♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!