- Today, I made this tasty vegan broccoli & spinach soup. I served it with topped fried smoked tofu bits, for a more filling & healthy meal! This is a more smooth & silky soup with a hint of vegan cheese flavour in it. ( nutritional yeast )
Read on How I made this lovely silky smooth soup!
Recipe: For a whole lot of soup = 11 cups = 2750 ml
1 large head of broccoli, about 500 gr, big hard stem removed, cut into smaller florets, washed & cleaned
500 gr spinach leaves, cleaned, big stalks removed, washed & spun dry
nutritional yeast : 4 tablespoons
1 white onion, peeled & cut up into chunks
1 medium potato, peeled & cut up finely
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
1000 ml of a good hot vegan & GF vegetable stock
500 ml of unsweetened soy milk
black pepper, finely grinned
Maldon sea salt
200 gr of vegan & gluten-free organic smoked tofu, drained, pad dry on kitchen paper & cut into 0.5 cm chunks with a sharp knife / I use Provamel/ I used 1 pack of 200 gr smoked tofu for 4 persons! Add more for the rest of the soup! Just calculate!
a GF & vegan butter
1. Take a pressure cooker & heat up on medium high. Whet hot, add some knobs of GF & vegan butter & let it melt. Add cut up onion, garlic & potato chunks. Stir often. Fry for about 5 minutes. Now, add spinach. Push the spinach down into the pot & let it wilt a bit. Then, add broccoli florets. Push it down into the pot. Add hot vegetable stock & stir everything round in the pot. Now, add nutritional yeast & unsweetened soy milk. Stir everything well round into the pot. Heat up on high.
2. When starting to boil, place the fitting lid of the pressure cooker in place like you normally do. Leave it on the high heat for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the nozzle is sizzling all the time. Now, turn the heat off & with help of a large wooden spoon, set the nozzle open & set the steam free! Leave it there until there is no steam left. Carefully, remove the lid.
3. Mix the soup, in a few batches, until completely smooth. I did this in 2 times, using My Vitamix. I mixed it completely fine. Now, taste your soup. I added 15 grins of finely milled black pepper & 1 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt.
4. In the meantime, heat a non-stick pan on high heat. Add a knob or 2 of vegan & GF butter & let it melt. Add the chunks of smoked tofu & fry until crispy & browned on all sides. Season with Maldon sea salt & finely grinned black pepper. Taste!
5. Laddle your soup in soup bowls & divide your smoked tofu croutons over the top, in the middle of your soup. Happy Eating! Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!