This evening, I made this tasty dish. A while ago, I received this beautiful edible gift from my aunt Vera. She bought it in Spain. It is a lovely Spanish Catalan Moscatel vinegar. Moscatel means, made from Muscat grapes.
I didn’t make any dishes with it yet & suddenly, it came to me. I had a lovely ripe butternut pumpkin & had to use it too. I also had 2 lovely organic pork chops that I had to use up. So, I made this tasty combined dinner. These 2 side dishes are vegan & if you pair these dishes with vegan sausages or pepper & salted fried tofu bits, you will have a totally guilt-free vegan dinner! Easy does it here too! 🙂 Enjoy! The Moscatel vinegar adds a lot of fragrance & a bit of sweetness to the butternut. You need this kind of pumpkin instead of the sweeter varieties because it can take the sweetness of the vinegar!
All of these flavours work beautifully together! Yum Yum yum!
Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the Moscatel oven roasted butternut pieces, red onion & garlic:
4 tablespoons evoo
1 + 1/2 tablespoon Spanish Moscatel vinegar
10 grins of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt
1/2 big fat red onion, peeled & cut into fine wedges
1 fat clove of garlic, finely cut up ( You don’t need more because otherwise the garlic flavour becomes overpowering in this dish! )
* For the brown rice with toasted walnuts:
2 sachets of each 125 gr brown rice, packed into easy to cook packets, that need 12 minutes of cooking. I use Uncle Ben’s.
1 big handful of walnuts, toasted in a hot non-stick pan for a few minutes until fragrant! Do not let the nuts burn! Lower the heat if you need to! Chop the toasted walnuts into smaller chunks.
Maldon sea salt
* For the organic pork chops:
2 organic pork chops, that are Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
vegan baking margarine
Maldon sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C ( 425 F ) for 10 minutes.
2. Cook your brown rice according to your packet instructions. Drain well & fluff your rice up with a fork. Add toasted walnut pieces. Add some knobs of vegan butter & let it melt into the hot rice. Keep warm. Add a bit of sea salt & mix with a spoon.
3. At the same time, take a large non-stick roasting tin, add butternut pieces, red onion wedges & garlic pieces, all in 1 layer in the tin. Pour oil, Moscatel vinegar all over the tin. Add 10 grins of finely milled black pepper & 1/2 teaspoon of Maldon sea salt. Mingle well with clean hands! Place in the center of your oven & roast for about 20 to 30 minutes depending on your oven. In half og the baking time, turn the veggies over in the tin, to brown & roast evenly on all sides. When ready, turn oven off.
4. When the brown rice & veggies are nearly ready, fry your organic pork chops in some baking margarine on both sides until golden brown on both sides & the inside is just cooked. I seasoned mine with black pepper & sea salt on both sides. Now, plate up ! Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of your toasted walnut brown rice on one side of your plate, add the roasted veggies on the other side & serve each person a lovely organic pork chop! Deliciousness guaranteed!!! 🙂 Enjoy! xxx
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂