- I adore making granola. You can find a lot of unhealthy granola recipes on the internet. I experimented with other recipes & I came up with this one. This is my favorite granola recipe. My husband & my family loves it!
I call this one a Christmas recipe, because there are red dried cranberries & green pumpkin seeds in it. They are the primal colours of Christmas.
It is lovely enjoyed with some vegan coconut yoghurt or soy yoghurt or a vegan nut milk.
Tasty home-made vegan granola!
You must have seen this picture before, I use it in my about page. This picture is already 4 years old. So, is that one, below.
MMM! This would make an ideal Christmas gift!!!
Yum yum Yum,…Let’s see How I made it!
Recipe: For a whole lot of granola!
230 gr. medium Gluten-Free oat flakes( not the large big ones, but the full GF oat flakes, but a little bit smaller.)
70 gr. pecans, broken in to pieces
45 gr. pumpkin seeds
1 + 1/2 teaspoons of a good vanilla extract ( I use home-made )
1 tablespoon flaxseed
60 ml. canola oil
80 ml. maple syrup
To add after roasting into the hot oven:
50 gr. raisins, cut up
30 gr. dried not so sweet cranberries, cut up
1. Preheat the oven on 180 ° Celsius. ( 350 F )
2. Take a large bowl & put the GF oat flakes, pecans & pumpkin seeds in it. Mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of flaxseed to it. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, mix canola oil with the maple syrup. Add vanilla extract. Stir good.
4. Put the ingredients of bowl 1 into bowl 2 & mix well.
5. Take a non-stick roasting tin & spread out evenly in to the roasting tin.
6. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes until all crisp.
7. Every 5 minutes or so, you have to stir everything around, so that it will be crisp on every side.
Otherwise, it will burn on one side & it wouldn’t be crisp on the other side.
8.Bake until everything is golden & ready.
9. When it is ready, turn the oven off. Take out of the oven & let it cool off completely.
10. When it is all cooled of, place it in a bowl & add the dried fruit. You can choose whatever fruit you want, but I like this combination.
11. So, I added the dried cranberries & dried raisins & mixed it with a spoon through the granola.
12. Store in an airtight storage box. Enjoy!!! xxx
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! 🙂
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like:
1. Making your own home-made muesli
2. Blueberry muesli
3. Quinoa flakes porridge with banana, roasted pecans, milk & agave syrup
Comments are closed.