You know by now, that I like to make tasty & invented cashew cheese spreads, all invented by me, moi!
I do think a lot of you have tried a few of them like my vegan strawberry cashew spread, this was more like a thicker vegan strawberry cashew yoghurt, my vegan pear & cashew cheese spread & my vegan rucola ( arugula ) cashew cheese spread. If you liked & loved them the same way, as my husband & I did , then I know you will love this home-made cashew, chocolate & pumpkin spread! Check it out!
How to use it all up?
1. It is great to eat like that, with a lovely spoon, straight from the jar!
2. It is excellent as a lovely cheese spread on some toast or on a lovely sandwich!
3. It is great too, as a lovely spread onto pancakes!
4. Lovely to pour over your morning muesli!
5. Pour it over vegan ice-cream!
6. It is lovely to enjoy, smeared onto a fresh slice of bread!
7. Lovely to eat on a slice of vegan cake
Read on How I made it! 🙂
1. Pumpkin, chocolate & cashew spread: For 5 smaller jam pots!
3 cups of raw & un-roasted cashews, soaked for 1 night in clear water, well-rinsed & well-drained
2 cups home-made roasted pumpkin purée
1 cup of vegan chocolate drops, similar to milk chocolate!
4 to 5 tablespoons maple syrup, I used 4 tablespoons
2 teaspoons of home-made pumpkin pie spice
1. First, melt your vegan chocolate drops ” au-bain-marie “. Let it cool a bit. Pour it into your Vitamix. Place all of your ingredients in this order into your Vitamix or power-blender. Place the tamper into your fitting lid & press the power on, go from low-speed, from 1 to 10 & push onto higher power. Use the tamper & push all the ingredients into the blades & blend until it is to your liking. I blended it for about 1 to 2 minutes. I checked the consistency & tasted it. It was ready. Turn the high power off, turn the lower speed from 10 to 1 & turn the power off. Taste! Mine tasted fabulous!! It is a bit sweeter but not too sweet. If you don’t have a Vitamix, mix everything well with an emulsion blender & then after mashing & puréeing the cashews, whisk everything well together. Taste much in between. You must taste the chocolate, the pumpkin spice & the cashews in the background. But I had to place my creation in some lovely jam pots with fitting lids & placed them in the fridge to cool off & to stiffen up a bit. They were great & thick enough as it is & they were ready to use & to eat up! This vegan pumpkin, chocolate cashew cheese spread is so tasty! If the pots are in the fridge for a longer time, you must stir into the spread with a smaller spoon so that the maple syrup is well incorporated into the mix. Yummy Yum!
Great to give away as a special food gift, at Christmas! Store in the fridge.
Stay tuned, Subscribe by email through the link below to get my new cool newsletters aka posts! Join 1,850 email Subscribers! It is free!